In the beginning of 2022, IRCC changed their online processing tool to offer accurate information on processing timelines. This modification was announced by Immigration Minister Sean Fraser on March 31, 2022, as part of an effort to improve Canada’s immigration system. This page contains the most recent processing timeframes from the IRCC website as of November 3, 2022.
What Updates Does the Processing Time Include
These processing times are designed to offer new weekly timelines from the preceding 6 months’ data. Furthermore, it correlates the application volume with operational issues to assist future immigrants in better planning their journey.
IRCC bases processing time on the time it took to process prior similar applications. The processing period begins when the application is received by IRCC and concludes when the immigration officer makes a decision on the application. Furthermore, the processing time may differ depending on whether the application was filed on paper or online.
Processing Times for Citizenship & PR cards
- Citizenship grant: 24 months (reduced by 1 month since last week)
- Citizenship Certificate (proof of citizenship): 16 months (reduced by 1 month since last week)
- Resumption of citizenship: 34 months (increased by 11 months since last week)
- Renunciation of citizenship: 17 months
- Search of citizenship records: 15 months (reduced by 1 month since last week)
- New PR card: 65 days (reduced by 10 days since last week)
- Renewing PR card: 93 days (increased by 1 day since last week)
Processing Time for Family Sponsorship
- Spouse or common-law partner living outside Canada: 20 months (reduced by 3 months since last week)
- Spouse or common-law partner living inside Canada: 14 months
- Parents or Grandparents: 37 months
- Click here for October 25 processing update!
- Canada Immigration Backlog At 1.49 Million – Latest IRCC Data
Processing time for Canadian Passport
- 1. In-Canada New Passport (Regular application submitted in person at Service Canada Centre – Passport services): 10 business days
- 2. In-Canada New Passport (Regular application submitted by mail to Service Canada Centre): 20 business days
- 4. In-Canda Urgent pick-up: By the end of the next business day
- 5. In-Canada Express pick-up: 2-9 business days
- 6. Regular passport application mailed from outside Canada: 20 business days after receiving.
- Know here Canada Passport Offices Latest Wait Times
- Total of 13 New Service Canada Centers-Offering 10 Day Passport Pick Up
Processing time for Economic Class
- Canadian Experience Class (CEC): 19 months (increased by 2 months since last week)
- Federal Skilled Worker (FSWP): 27 months (increased by 1 month since last week)
- Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP): 49 months (increased by 2 months since last week)
- Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) via express entry: 14 months (reduced by 1 month since last week)
- Non-Express Entry PNP: 22 months (reduced by 1 month since last week)
- Quebec skilled worker: 22 months. (reduced by 2 months since last week)
- Quebec business class: 65 months.
- Federal Self-employed: 42 months (increased by 1 month since last week)
- Atlantic Immigration Program: 14 months. (reduced by 1 month since last week)
- Start-up Visa: 31 months (reduced by 1 month since last week)
- You may also like:
- New Canada Immigration Levels Plan 2023-2025
- Here Is IRCC Minister Response On The Future Of TR2PR
- Canada Immigration Backlog Reduces By 95,204 – New IRCC Data
- Click here for October 25 processing update!
Processing Time for Temporary Residence Application
- Visitor visa outside Canada: Varies by country (India: 158 days – Increased by 4 days since last update on October 25)
- Visitor visa inside Canada: 17 days online and 41 days by paper. (Increased by 1 day (online), but reduced by 1 day since last update on October 25)
- Parents or grandparents Super Visa: Varies by country (India: 114 days: Increased by 22 days since last update on October 25)
- Visitor extension (Visitor record): 203 days online and 175 days by paper. (reduced by 7 days (paper based) since last update on October 25)
- Study permit outside Canada: 13 weeks
- Study permit inside Canada: 4 weeks
- Work permit outside Canada: Varies by country (India: 14 weeks: Reduced by 2 weeks since last update on October 25). Applications for critical occupations are being prioritised. If you are not applying for a job in a critical occupation, your processing time may be longer than shown above.
- Study permit extension: 80 days online and 71 days by paper. (Reduced by 3 days (online) and 5 days (paper-based) last update on October 25).
- Work permit inside Canada (initial application or extension): 169 days online and 84 days by paper. (reduced by 2 days (paper-based) since last update on October 25)
- International Experience Canada (Current Season): 7 Weeks – IEC 2022 (International Experience Canada) Ended On Oct 17
- Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA): 5 minutes
- Here Are Canada Immigration New Targets For 2022-2024
- Visitors in Canada Can Now Apply For Work Permit Until 2023
- Here Is Full List Of Facilitated LMIA Occupations In Quebec
- Tourist Visa For Canada! – Things You Should Know!
- Click here for the most viewed videos during 2022!
- Visit here for the most visited articles during 2021!
- Click here for all the important immigration news during 2022!
Satinder brings expertise, knowledge, and experience related to internal work process at IRCC. She worked at Canadian Consulate in Chandigarh before moving to Canada.
Her articles on “Chinook – An internal IRCC tool used to bulk process temporary applications” was one of the notable work on our news website