Canada immigration minister, honourable Sean Fraser announced enhancements on improving processing timelines on March 31, 2022, as part of an attempt to modernize Canada’s immigration system. Based on those, this page contains the new processing timelines from the IRCC website as of October 19, 2022. This timeline is updated every week.
What Updates Does the Processing Time Include?
This new IRCC tool is intended to provide weekly processing times based on the previous six months’ data, as well as exact processing times.
Furthermore, it represents the application volume with operational capacity to help future immigrants plan their immigration to Canada more effectively.
IRCC bases processing time on the time it takes to process previous similar applications. The processing time begins when the application is received by IRCC. And, it concludes when the immigration officer makes a decision on the application.
So, the processing time may fluctuate depending on whether the application was submitted on paper or online.
Canada Immigration Processing Times for Citizenship & PR cards
- Citizenship grant: 25 months
- Citizenship Certificate (proof of citizenship): 17 months
- Resumption of citizenship: 23 months
- Renunciation of citizenship: 17 months
- Search of citizenship records: 16 months
- New PR card: 65 days (increased by 1 day since last week’s update)
- Renewing PR card: 93 days (increased by 2 days since last week’s update)
Processing Time for Family Sponsorship
- Spouse or common-law partner living outside Canada: 22 months
- Spouse or common-law partner living inside Canada: 14 months
- Parents or Grandparents: 37 months
- Click here for October 12 processing update!
- Canada Immigration Backlog At 1.49 Million – New IRCC Data
Processing time for Canadian Passport
- 1. Submitted in person at a passport office (Service Canada Centre – Passport Services) or Service Canada Centre that offers 10-day processing: 10 business days
- 2. Submitted in person at a regular Service Canada Centre, a Service Canada Scheduled Outreach Site that offers passport services or by mail: 20 business days
- 3. In-Canda Urgent pick-up: By end of next business day (reduced by 1 day since last week’s update)
- 4. In-Canada Express pick-up: 2-9 business days (lower range reduced by 1 day since last week’s update)
- 5. Regular passport application mailed from outside Canada: 20 business days after receiving.
- Know here Canada Passport Offices Latest Wait Times
- Total of 13 New Service Canada Centers-Offering 10 Day Passport Pick Up
Canada Immigration Processing time for Economic Class
- Canadian Experience Class (CEC): 17 months
- Federal Skilled Worker (FSWP): 26 months
- Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP): 47 months
- Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) via express entry: 15 months
- Non-Express Entry PNP: 23 months
- Quebec skilled worker: 24 months.
- Quebec business class: 65 months.
- Federal Self-employed: 41 months
- Atlantic Immigration Program: 15 months.
- Start-up Visa: 32 months
- Click here for October 12 processing update!
- Canada Immigration Backlog Reduces By 95,204 – New IRCC Data
IRCC Processing Time for Temporary Residence Application
- Visitor visa outside Canada: Varies by country (India: 147 days – Increased by 13 days since last update on October 12).
- Visitor visa inside Canada: 15 days online and 41 days by paper. (Increased by 2 days (paper based) since last update on October 12)
- Parents or grandparents Super Visa: Varies by country (India: 77 days: Increased by 15 days since last update on October 12)
- Visitor extension (Visitor record): 204 days online and 184 days by paper. (reduced by 1 day (paper based) since last update on October 12)
- Study permit outside Canada: 13 weeks
- Study permit inside Canada: 4 weeks
- Work permit outside Canada: Varies by country (India: 18 weeks: Reduced by 2 weeks since last update on October 12). Applications for critical occupations are being prioritised. If you are not applying for a job in a critical occupation, your processing time may be longer than shown above.
- Study permit extension: 79 days online and 75 days by paper. (Increased by 6 days (online), but reduced by 3 days (paper-based) last update on October 12)
- Work permit inside Canada (initial application or extension): 168 days online and 87 days by paper. (reduced by 4 days (paper-based) since last update on October 12)
- International Experience Canada (Current Season): 7 Weeks (Increased by 1 week since last update on October 12) – IEC 2022 (International Experience Canada) Ended On Oct 17
- Here Are Canada Immigration New Targets For 2022-2024
- Visitors in Canada Can Now Apply For Work Permit Until 2023
- Here Is Full List Of Facilitated LMIA Occupations In Quebec
- Tourist Visa For Canada! – Things You Should Know!
- Click here for the most viewed videos during 2022!
- Visit here for the most visited articles during 2021!
- Click here for all the important immigration news during 2022!