Last Updated On 19 March 2023, 9:47 AM EDT (Toronto Time)
You need to apply for a tourist visa, if you are a foreigner and want to visit Canada for tourism.
The visa application process is fairly straightforward, and depending upon individual situation, the visa may be granted for 10 years or until the validity of your passport.
However, you will need to exit Canada after 6 months of stay or apply for an extension.
There are a few things you will need to do before you apply for your visa. This article contains important information about tourist visa for Canada.
Make sure to read it before planning your next trip!
Find Out If You Are Eligible To Enter Canada?
Before applying for a tourist visa for Canada, please check whether you are eligible to enter Canada. After the Corona outbreak, several countries have imposed restrictions for tourists. You can check your eligibility here. At this time only fully vaccinated can travel to Canada.
Click here for latest Canada immigration news!
The Application Process
There are a few things you’ll need to know before applying for a tourist visa to Canada. The application process can be a little daunting, but if you follow the instructions and gather the required documents, you should have no trouble getting your visa.
In order to apply for a tourist visa, you can contact any RCIC (Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant) or an immigration lawyer. If you wish to apply online by yourself you can follow the steps below:
- First you will need to create the online account on official Canadian website. Click here to create a GC Key account.
- Answer the questions to check your eligibility and it will provide you with the document checklist required based on your answers.
- Fill the forms and provide the required documents.
- Pay the fees and then submit.
- You will get the confirmation email in your account and updates as the application is processed.
- Return air-ticket and fairly justifiable itinerary is required.
- You must have enough funds to support your trip including air ticket and cost of stay in Canada
- A strong reason that why you will return to your home country after your planned vacation.
Tourist Visa Extension
Yes, you can apply for extension if you wish to stay for more than 6 months after your entry on tourist visa.
Process is similar to applying as in fresh tourist visa, but you need to submit your extension application prior to expiry of your 6-month stay.
However, if your 10-year visa is about to end, then you cannot apply for another tourist visa from within Canada.