Last Updated On 21 February 2023, 2:04 PM EST (Toronto Time)
IRCC reveals new Canada Immigration Levels Plan for 2023 – 2025 today. This is an important announcement for Canada aspirants looking forward to make their home in the country.
Previously, Canada announced record immigration targets for 2022 – 2024.
3-year Immigration levels plan are revised and announced every year on November 1 as dictated by IRPA (Immigration and Refugee Protection Act).
The most important numbers of target for immigration categories is for 2023. Targets for 2024 and 2025 will still be revised in November 2023.
|Target||Low Range||High Range||Target||Low Range||High Range||Target||Low Range||High Range|
|Overall Planned Permanent Resident Admissions||465,000||410,000||505,000||485,000||430,000||542,500||500,000||442,500||550,000|
|Federal High Skilled||82,880||67,750||88,000||109,020||89,500||115,750||114,000||93,500||121,000|
|Federal Economic Public Policies||25,000||19,500||32,750||–||–||–||–||–||–|
|Economic Pilots: Caregivers; Agri-Food Pilot; Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot; Economic Mobility Pathways Project||8,500||4,650||10,800||12,125||6,750||16,125||14,750||9,000||19,750|
|Atlantic Immigration Program||8,500||3,000||8,800||11,500||6,000||12,500||14,500||8,500||16,500|
|Provincial Nominee Program||105,500||91,000||110,000||110,000||105,500||120,000||117,500||112,000||129,250|
|Quebec Skilled Workers and Business||See the Quebec immigration plan||See the Quebec immigration plan||See the Quebec immigration plan||To be determined||To be determined||To be determined||To be determined||To be determined||To be determined|
|Spouses, Partners and Children||78,000||72,000||84,000||80,000||75,000||86,000||82,000||77,000||88,000|
|Parents and Grandparents||28,500||25,000||38,000||34,000||29,000||45,000||36,000||30,750||48,000|
|Protected Persons in Canada and Dependents Abroad||25,000||22,000||35,000||27,000||24,000||38,000||29,000||26,000||35,000|
|Resettled Refugees – Government-Assisted||23,550||18,500||30,000||21,115||16,750||26,000||15,250||12,000||17,000|
|Resettled Refugees – Privately Sponsored||27,505||20,000||29,000||27,750||22,000||29,500||28,250||23,000||30,000|
|Resettled Refugees – Blended Visa Office-Referred||250||–||400||250||–||400||250||–||400|
|Total Refugees and Protected Persons||76,305||66,000||93,000||76,115||66,000||93,000||72,750||64,000||80,000|
|Total Humanitarian & Compassionate and Other||15,985||11,000||16,750||13,750||9,000||14,500||8,000||6,500||9,000|
|9:25 am EST (Toronto time)||Expected release time could be between 10:30-11:00 am EST|
|11:00 am EST (Toronto time)||Immigration Minister Sean Fraser will hold press conference in North York, Ontario, to discuss the new immigration levels plan for 2023-2025 and efforts to address labour market shortages. He is joined by Liberal MPs Julie Dzerowicz (Davenport) and Peter Fonseca (Mississauga East–Cooksville) after releasing immigration levels plan for 2023 – 2025.|
|11:14 am EST (Toronto time)||New Immigration Targets|
2023 – 465,000 permanent residents
2024 – 485,000 permanent residents
2025 – 500,000 permanent residents
New Immigration Levels plan 2023-2025 highlights include
- a long-term focus on economic growth, with slightly over 60% of economic admissions by 2025
- using new Express Entry capabilities to welcome immigrants with the requisite skills and certifications in sectors suffering severe labour shortages such as health care, manufacturing, building trades, and STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- increases in regional programmes to address targeted local labour market needs, including the Provincial Nominee Program, the Atlantic Immigration Program, and the Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot
- reuniting more families faster
- ensuring that at least 4.4% of new permanent residents outside Quebec are Francophone, and
- providing a safe haven to those fleeing persecution, including by expanding the Economic Mobility Pathways.
- You may also like:
- Canada On Track To Easily Meet Immigration Target In 2022
- Canada Immigration Backlog At 1.49 Million – New IRCC Data
- Top Source Of Immigrants In Canada Is India Now – New Data
- IRCC Backlog Is Forcing Thousands Of PR Applicants To Leave Canada!
- IRCC Processing Speed May Now Depend On Hitting ‘Green Bin’
Important Things To Watch Out In New Canada Immigration Levels Plan 2023-2025
New immigration levels plan will be important and unique because of the following 6 reasons:
- This announcement is coming at the time where IRCC has record applications under processing inventory awaiting decision. So, it depends upon IRCC’s decision making on how quickly they can process the applications and decide what next year target could be. As of September 30, there were 614,600 applications under processing: 325,700 in backlog and 288,900 within service standards.
- Canada is already on track to easily meet the target for 2022 despite a pile of backlog. So, it is expected for the targets could increase for next 3 years. Canada already welcomed record immigrants in 2021 despite pandemic slowdown and backlog.
- Will there be an allocation for provisions under motion 44? If yes, then there could be new announcements after today’s plan in upcoming months.
- It will be interesting to watch PNP targets because provinces have been requesting to increase PNP allocation.
- Will there be increased target for family sponsorship (spousal sponsorship & PGP (Parents and Grandparents)?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Canada 2023 to 2025 immigration plan?
According to the new Immigration Levels Plan for 2023-2025, Canada has set a target of bringing 465,000 new permanent residents through all immigration classes in 2022. This objective will gradually expand until it reaches 500,000 new permanent residents in 2025.
Latest INC News & Articles
Official Alberta PNP Express Entry Selection Criteria For 2023
Check out official Alberta PNP Express Entry selection criteria for 2023 and stream-wise allocation as well as processing times.
Check New IRCC Processing Times As of March 29
Check out the new updated official IRCC processing times as of March 29, 2023, as well as a comparison with last week.
New Express Entry Draw Declares CRS Cutoff At 481
Learn full details of New IRCC Express Entry Draw #245 announced on March 29 inviting 7,000 applicants for permanent residency in Canada
Canada Budget 2023 New Proposals For Immigration
Canada budget 2023 proposes to provide $104.3 million for citizenship, visitors, and asylum seekers + $123.2 million for francophone immigration.
Ontario-OINP Official Data On Top 20 Nominated Occupations
Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) released important data about the top 20 nominated occupations, invitations by stream, and overview.
Canada Foreign Worker Program Transitioning To LMIA Online Portal Effective April 3
All the details about the Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP) switching to the LMIA Online Portal effective April 3, 2023
Latest INC News & Articles
Roxham Road Border and Safe Third Country Agreement
Canada is now turning away asylum seekers trying to enter from the United States via all the official and unofficial borders including Roxham Road.
BREAKING: New Canada Immigration Pathway Announced By IRCC
All the details of New Canada Immigration Pathway – EMPP(Economic Mobility Pathways Pilot) announced by IRCC
IEC 2023 New Round Of Invitations Sent >900 Invites
All the details about the latest IEC 2023 round of invitations including country-wise data on number of invitations, applicants in the pool, & available spots
New Sunshine List Ontario | Public Sector Salary Disclosure
New Sunshine List Ontario reveals around 267,000 employees/executives who earned more than $100,000 in 2022
Latest Manitoba-MPNP Draw Sent 566 PR Invites
New Manitoba-MPNP Draw sent total of 566 invitations under 3 different categories along with an occupation-specific selection.
Latest Saskatchewan-SINP Draw 2023 Sent 496 PR Invites
New Saskatchewan-SINP Draw invited 184 Express Entry profiles and 312 Occupation In-Demand profiles with 110 NOC codes.
Latest INC News & Articles
Check Latest IRCC Processing Times As Of March 23
Know the the most recent official IRCC processing times as of March 23, 2023, as well as a comparison with previous week.
Latest Ontario-OINP Draw Invites 746 Express Entry Profiles
New OINP Draw (Ontario PNP) today invites 746 Express Entry profiles with CRS Score between 250-489 in 43 Skilled Trades Occupations.
Latest Express Entry Draw Issues 7,000 Invitations For All Programs
Learn all the details of new Express Entry draw today which sent 7,000 invitations to apply for permanent residency to the profiles having a CRS cut off score of 484…
Canada Population 2023 Approaches 40 Million Due To Immigration
Canada population in 2023 surpasses 39.7 million because of record immigration.
New Quebec Arrima Draw 2023 Invites 619 Profiles For PR
Latest Quebec Arrima draw 2023 sent out 619 invitations to apply for permanent residency to profiles having a score of 578 or above.
Latest BC PNP Draw 2023 Sent More Than 243 Invites For PR
All the details of new BC PNP Draw (British Columbia) inviting 243 profiles for permanent residency (PR).
26 Trackbacks / Pingbacks
Comments are closed.