IRCC reveals new Canada Immigration Levels Plan for 2023 – 2025 today. This is an important announcement for Canada aspirants looking forward to make their home in the country.
Previously, Canada announced record immigration targets for 2022 – 2024.
3-year Immigration levels plan are revised and announced every year on November 1 as dictated by IRPA (Immigration and Refugee Protection Act).
The most important numbers of target for immigration categories is for 2023. Targets for 2024 and 2025 will still be revised in November 2023.
|Target||Low Range||High Range||Target||Low Range||High Range||Target||Low Range||High Range|
|Overall Planned Permanent Resident Admissions||465,000||410,000||505,000||485,000||430,000||542,500||500,000||442,500||550,000|
|Federal High Skilled||82,880||67,750||88,000||109,020||89,500||115,750||114,000||93,500||121,000|
|Federal Economic Public Policies||25,000||19,500||32,750||–||–||–||–||–||–|
|Economic Pilots: Caregivers; Agri-Food Pilot; Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot; Economic Mobility Pathways Project||8,500||4,650||10,800||12,125||6,750||16,125||14,750||9,000||19,750|
|Atlantic Immigration Program||8,500||3,000||8,800||11,500||6,000||12,500||14,500||8,500||16,500|
|Provincial Nominee Program||105,500||91,000||110,000||110,000||105,500||120,000||117,500||112,000||129,250|
|Quebec Skilled Workers and Business||See the Quebec immigration plan||See the Quebec immigration plan||See the Quebec immigration plan||To be determined||To be determined||To be determined||To be determined||To be determined||To be determined|
|Spouses, Partners and Children||78,000||72,000||84,000||80,000||75,000||86,000||82,000||77,000||88,000|
|Parents and Grandparents||28,500||25,000||38,000||34,000||29,000||45,000||36,000||30,750||48,000|
|Protected Persons in Canada and Dependents Abroad||25,000||22,000||35,000||27,000||24,000||38,000||29,000||26,000||35,000|
|Resettled Refugees – Government-Assisted||23,550||18,500||30,000||21,115||16,750||26,000||15,250||12,000||17,000|
|Resettled Refugees – Privately Sponsored||27,505||20,000||29,000||27,750||22,000||29,500||28,250||23,000||30,000|
|Resettled Refugees – Blended Visa Office-Referred||250||–||400||250||–||400||250||–||400|
|Total Refugees and Protected Persons||76,305||66,000||93,000||76,115||66,000||93,000||72,750||64,000||80,000|
|Total Humanitarian & Compassionate and Other||15,985||11,000||16,750||13,750||9,000||14,500||8,000||6,500||9,000|
|9:25 am EST (Toronto time)||Expected release time could be between 10:30-11:00 am EST|
|11:00 am EST (Toronto time)||Immigration Minister Sean Fraser will hold press conference in North York, Ontario, to discuss the new immigration levels plan for 2023-2025 and efforts to address labour market shortages. He is joined by Liberal MPs Julie Dzerowicz (Davenport) and Peter Fonseca (Mississauga East–Cooksville) after releasing immigration levels plan for 2023 – 2025.|
|11:14 am EST (Toronto time)||New Immigration Targets|
2023 – 465,000 permanent residents
2024 – 485,000 permanent residents
2025 – 500,000 permanent residents
New Immigration Levels plan 2023-2025 highlights include
- a long-term focus on economic growth, with slightly over 60% of economic admissions by 2025
- using new Express Entry capabilities to welcome immigrants with the requisite skills and certifications in sectors suffering severe labour shortages such as health care, manufacturing, building trades, and STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- increases in regional programmes to address targeted local labour market needs, including the Provincial Nominee Program, the Atlantic Immigration Program, and the Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot
- reuniting more families faster
- ensuring that at least 4.4% of new permanent residents outside Quebec are Francophone, and
- providing a safe haven to those fleeing persecution, including by expanding the Economic Mobility Pathways.
- You may also like:
- Canada On Track To Easily Meet Immigration Target In 2022
- Canada Immigration Backlog At 1.49 Million – New IRCC Data
- Top Source Of Immigrants In Canada Is India Now – New Data
- IRCC Backlog Is Forcing Thousands Of PR Applicants To Leave Canada!
- IRCC Processing Speed May Now Depend On Hitting ‘Green Bin’
Important Things To Watch Out In New Canada Immigration Levels Plan 2023-2025
New immigration levels plan will be important and unique because of the following 6 reasons:
- This announcement is coming at the time where IRCC has record applications under processing inventory awaiting decision. So, it depends upon IRCC’s decision making on how quickly they can process the applications and decide what next year target could be. As of September 30, there were 614,600 applications under processing: 325,700 in backlog and 288,900 within service standards.
- Canada is already on track to easily meet the target for 2022 despite a pile of backlog. So, it is expected for the targets could increase for next 3 years. Canada already welcomed record immigrants in 2021 despite pandemic slowdown and backlog.
- Will there be an allocation for provisions under motion 44? If yes, then there could be new announcements after today’s plan in upcoming months.
- It will be interesting to watch PNP targets because provinces have been requesting to increase PNP allocation.
- Will there be increased target for family sponsorship (spousal sponsorship & PGP (Parents and Grandparents)?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Canada 2023 to 2025 immigration plan?
According to the new Immigration Levels Plan for 2023-2025, Canada has set a target of bringing 465,000 new permanent residents through all immigration classes in 2022. This objective will gradually expand until it reaches 500,000 new permanent residents in 2025.
Latest INC News & Articles
This article provides the latest Ontario drive test pass rates for full G and G2 driving licenses for all major cities in the province. It is always recommended for your…
This page enlists all the India Canada latest news and updates related to the ongoing diplomatic issue between the two countries. We (INC – Immigration News Canada) are updating this…
Today, Canadians are facing a unique health crisis that continues to baffle researchers and plague the nation’s healthcare system. Over eight million citizens are living with at least one of…
Today, Canadian Senate members issued a report describing ways to improve the integrity of the program for international students in Canada. While the survey reveals that international students benefit Canada’s…
Today, Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship (IRCC), announced the first transport Express Entry draw as part of its new category-based selection. This round of invitations emphasizes applicants with transportation experience, such…
On September 19, 2023, the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program-OINP draw issued 608 invitations to apply for permanent residency (PR) in general draws under two different streams. 537 invitations have been…
Latest INC News & Articles
IRCC sent out 3,200 invitations to apply (ITAs) in a new Express Entry draw today, considering profiles from all the programs. The Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score jumped significantly by…
Migrants, including undocumented persons, students, and refugees, marched in cities throughout Canada on Sunday to seek permanent residency status for all before the federal parliament reconvenes on Monday. In Toronto,…
Canada has more than 300 occupations designated as skilled trade jobs and most of them are in-demand across the country and offer attractive careers. On top of this, Canada is…
International Experience Canada (IEC) sent out 4,955 invitations to apply for open work permits in the new Working Holiday Visa rounds of invitations in the last 2 weeks. 15,819 spots…
New Housing Minister and former Immigration Minister Sean Fraser takes a kind of step back on the concept of placing a cap on international students. Like we initially reported, it…
On September 14, 2023, the prime minister of Canada, Justin Trudeau, announced a comprehensive set of new initiatives aimed at tackling the housing crisis and containing rising grocery prices. This…
Latest INC News & Articles
The new round of PGP 2023 (Parents and Grandparents Program) will open on October 10, 2023, sending out invitations to apply for 24,200 prospective sponsors. IRCC is targeting to accept…
The MELT program or course stands for mandatory entry-level training that is required to apply for a license to become a truck driver in Ontario, British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, and…
The IRCC officially updated the list of trade occupations eligible for Express Entry certificates of qualification on September 8, 2023. This list now has a total of 101 occupations. The…
The new Canadian passport has recently achieved a global ranking of 6 in the Henley Passport Index, surpassing the United States, which is now ranked number 7. This significant improvement…
New Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2023 News: The IRCC will start accepting up to 15,000 complete applications for the Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2023 in October 2023. Beginning on 10…
According to a recent jobs report from Statistics Canada for the month of August 2023, the unemployment rate in Ontario has risen to 5.9% from 5.6%. So the unemployment rate…