Last Updated On 14 October 2022, 9:45 PM EDT (Toronto Time)
International entrepreneurs may now create new businesses in the Pinawa region more easily than ever, owing to a collaboration between the Local Government District of Pinawa and the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP). With joint efforts, they created Pinawa International Entrepreneurship Program.
Initially, the program actually started in August 2020, but was suspended due to COVID. However, now this program is live as of October 6, 2022. This new program falls under Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program Business Investor Stream. Best thing about this program is low investment + faster processing + exploratory visit + no need to wait for any draw.
It aims to promote, attract, and analyze foreign entrepreneurs who want to start or expand their businesses in Pinawa. With Pinawa International Entrepreneurship Program, eligible entrepreneurs move, settle, create, and invest in a business in Pinawa, Manitoba, Canada.
- You may also like:
- BC PNP To Be Halted For 35 Days and Manitoba PNP For 62 Days
- Canada PNP (Provincial Nominee Program)-All You Need To Know
- Canada PNP: Know How To Legally Move Out Of The Province
- 68 High Demand Jobs In Alberta – Important Factor For PNP!
- IRCC Eases Requirements For RNIP With 6 New Improvements
- Know Processing Fees For Express Entry & All The Canada PNPs
- This article enlists:
What’s Unique about Pinawa International Entrepreneur Program?
A highlight of this program is an expedited application process with the opportunity that applications from the Pinawa Initiative will not go through the Express of Interest Draw. As well as receive prioritized processing after the Local Government District of Pinawa provides a community endorsement letter.
The program enables the immigration of entrepreneurs interested in settling in Manitoba. However, each application must create or maintain at least one job for a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, requiring a complete and viable business plan.
In addition, eligible applicants need to evidence a minimum required investment of $150,000 to invest in their business for their application to be approved. The investment level is a part of the Provincial Nominee Program’s assessment criteria.
Moreover, the program aims to attract tourism, healthcare, education, innovation & technology, light industry, and advanced manufacturing sectors.
The Local Government District of Pinawa will actively participate in the initiative by selecting applicants who fit within the district’s economic development strategy.
Additionally, collaborate with national and international organizations to identify entrepreneurs whose businesses will see long-term success by establishing in the Pinawa region.
To be eligible, you must meet the requirements of MPNP’s Business Investor Stream as well as the following:
- Be an international entrepreneur who has a background in business
- Have strong business ideas and plan to establish your business in Pinawa
- Posses a network of specialized support to help you develop and connect you with business resources.
Overview of the process
If you are a successful candidate, Pinawa International Business Committee will invite you for an exploratory visit with the committee and community members.
As a successful candidate, you will receive a letter of support from the Local Government District of Pinawa.
Then, the Pinawa International Entrepreneurship Program will help you via the MPNP business process.
As part of the program, you will receive different types of support from various community organizations and groups. These include:
- Entrepreneurship essentials
- Business networking
- Community engagement
- Business training and workshops
- Accommodation assistance
- Business set up support
- Market intelligence
- Business advisory
- Grant application support
- Legal Information and Advice
- Connections to investors, customers and partners
- Access to the ACE Project Space and Fabrication Lab
- Business coaching & mentoring from our advisors and mentors
- Investor Intelligence
- Investor networking opportunities
How to apply?
If you meet the above criteria, you can apply by contacting the Senior Economic Development Officer, Shane Li. You can either call or email, and below are the contact details:
Shane Li, Senior Economic Development Officer Local Government District of Pinawa
Contact number: (204) 291-8108
For more details, visit Pinawa International Entrepreneurship Program official page.
Where is Pinawa In Manitoba?
Pinawa is a local government district and a small village in southeastern Manitoba, Canada, with a population of 1,331 (as of the 2016 census). It is located 110 kilometres northeast of Winnipeg.
- More Reads!
- Here Are Canada Immigration New Targets For 2022-2024
- New NOC Codes – Here Is All You Need To Know!
- Here Is How To Extend Your Stay In Canada
- Visitors in Canada Can Now Apply For Work Permit Until 2023
- Family Sponsorship – Things You Should Know!
- How To Avoid Immigration Fraud!
- Here Is Full List Of Facilitated LMIA Occupations In Quebec
- Is IRCC Having A Split Team For Processing Old & New Files?
- IRCC Officer DM10032 – Here Is All You Need To Know!
- Tourist Visa For Canada! – Things You Should Know!
- Click here for the most viewed videos during 2022!
- Visit here for the most visited articles during 2021!
- Click here for all the important immigration news during 2022!