The Canadian Revenue Agency (CRA) is looking to hire Taxpayer Services Agents in the Western region at 3 locations. Check out the job details, requirements and how to apply below.
CRA mentions that preference may be given to the first 500 candidates who meet the job requirements. So, it is advisable to apply as soon as possible.
Hiring for locations:
- Surrey, BC
- Edmonton, AB
- Calgary, AB
- You may also like:
- Correctional Service Canada Is Hiring Now For 25 Locations
- Canada Unemployment Rate Jumped To 5.4% – 40,000 Jobs Lost
- 400,000 Ontario Jobs Are Still Vacant Due To Labour Shortage
- 68 High Demand Jobs In Alberta – Important Factor For PNP!
- How To Find A Job In Canada – Know 5 Tips To Networking
Who Can apply?
People currently living in Canada can apply for this position. It includes work permit holders, permanent residents, Canadian citizens living abroad, veterans, and Canadian Forces members.
As a Taxpayer Services Agent, your job duties may include the following:
- Respond to questions from clients over the phone about preparing and filing individual or business tax returns by giving them explanations or clarification.
- Describe the different social programs the CRA offers.
- Ask taxpayers for information to determine the exact nature of their inquiry or request.
- Utilize various internal and external information sources to research potential responses or solutions.
- Use methods and agency procedures to run numerous computer programs and systems to enter data, conduct research, evaluate, and address taxpayer inquiries, including payment reconciliation.
The candidate must have successfully completed a secondary school diploma or equivalent.
Ensure to include your education credentials in the education section of your Candidate profile before submitting your application. CRA mentions it is important to demonstrate how you meet the essential educational requirements.
Candidates with foreign education must include a copy of the foreign education credentials assessment confirmed by a recognized credential assessment service. Make sure you include the complete assessment.
Additionally, ensure that your candidate profile matches your government-issued photo ID and education credentials.
Required Experience For The Job
Cumulative experience working or volunteering with the public in a client service environment for a minimum of six (6) months, whether on the phone, through written correspondence, or in person.
Additionally, a minimum of six (6) months of experience using various computer programs. For instance, proficiency with Word, Excel, Outlook, and internet search engines.
The following essential staffing requirements will be evaluated during the process and could be utilized to find candidates for positions:
- Ability to Communicate Effectively in English – Verbal communication
- Taxpayer Contact I (KFEL-01) – Entry-level test: Korn Ferry cognitive abilities and behavioural competencies
- Second Language Evaluation (only for any bilingual positions that may be staffed from this process)
How to apply?
You can submit your application using the CRA’s official website. In addition, you can use the same login credentials to access other online services to sign in or register (for example, online banking).
Alternatively, sign in using your CRA account (or create a new one if you don’t already have one). For more details on this job and to apply, click here. The reference number for these positions is 58544682.
- More Reads!
- Here Are Canada Immigration New Targets For 2022-2024
- New NOC Codes – Here Is All You Need To Know!
- Here Is How To Extend Your Stay In Canada
- Visitors in Canada Can Now Apply For Work Permit Until 2023
- Family Sponsorship – Things You Should Know!
- How To Avoid Immigration Fraud!
- Here Is Full List Of Facilitated LMIA Occupations In Quebec
- Is IRCC Having A Split Team For Processing Old & New Files?
- IRCC Officer DM10032 – Here Is All You Need To Know!
- Tourist Visa For Canada! – Things You Should Know!
- Click here for the most viewed videos during 2022!
- Click here for all the important immigration news during 2022!