Canada Super Visa program allows parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens and permanent residents to stay for up to five years. It allows multiple entries over 10 years. The program has been successfully helping people living in Canada to reunite with their parents and grandparents.
One of the mandatory steps in getting a super visa is getting medical insurance.
- You may also like:
- Canada Parents & Grandparents Program – All You Need To Know
- Canada Spousal Open Work Permit – All You Need To Know!
- Canada Super Visa: IRCC Increased Minimum Income Requirement
- New Super Visa Duration Of 5 Years “NOT” Applicable To Parents Already In Canada!
- IRCC Announced Increase In Super Visa Duration To 5 Years!
Why is Super Visa Insurance Required?
Super visa insurance is a type of travel insurance that covers all the requirements for super visa application and residency.
This insurance can be from any Canadian insurance company. Also, you can get it from a designated foreign insurance company too. The reason that super visa insurance is mandatory is to make sure that you are not a financial burden on Canadian healthcare.
So, you need to prove that you will be able to cover any of your medical needs in Canada. Earlier it was mandatory to get this insurance from a Canadian insurer.
However, recently the government announced that a non-Canadian insurance companies can also provide super visa insurance. However, details are yet to be out.
Requirements of Canada Super Visa insurance
Your super visa insurance should cover your healthcare and hospitalization. Also, it should cover the cost of your travel if you have to return to your country while still receiving medical care. The policy should have a minimum coverage level of $100,000 CAD.
Also, it has to be valid every time you enter Canada. As a super visa holder, you might need to show your proof of Canadian super visa insurance at the port of entry. You can get this insurance from any approved insurance provider
So, these are the points that will make super visa insurance valid-
- The policy needs to be valid for at least one year from your arrival in Canada
- It should provide a minimum of $100,000 CAD coverage
- You should be covered for any emergency medical care or hospitalization
- The policy should be available for review by an immigration official every time you enter Canada. Also, you should have proof that you have actually purchased the insurance. A quote will not be acceptable.
Please note that these are the requirements of the super visa insurance. The requirements of the actual super visa are different. You can find those here.
Cost of super visa insurance
The cost of the super visa insurance depends on your home country. Moreover, it depends on certain other factors like your age and any pre-existing medical conditions that you might have.
Also, the amount you pay will also depend on the deductible you select. The more your deductible is, the lesser your cost will be. Super visa insurance can costs between $200 to $300.
Also, getting a joint policy is cheaper than buying separate coverage. So if you get the insurance as a couple you can save money as compared to purchasing single Super Visa insurance policies. Lastly, the cost also depends on your provider and plan.
- More Reads!
- Here Are Canada Immigration New Targets For 2022-2024
- New NOC Codes – Here Is All You Need To Know!
- Here Is How To Extend Your Stay In Canada
- Visitors in Canada Can Now Apply For Work Permit Until 2023
- Family Sponsorship – Things You Should Know!
- How To Avoid Immigration Fraud!
- Here Is Full List Of Facilitated LMIA Occupations In Quebec
- Is IRCC Having A Split Team For Processing Old & New Files?
- IRCC Officer DM10032 – Here Is All You Need To Know!
- Tourist Visa For Canada! – Things You Should Know!
- Click here for the most viewed videos during 2022!
- Click here for all the important immigration news during 2022!
Shanvi Kaur is a content writer at Immigration News Canada. She moved to Canada as an immigrant and now focuses on bringing the latest news to immigrants to make their journey easier in Canada!