IRCC updated online processing tool to provide accurate information on processing times in the beginning of 2022. This update was part of the effort to modernize the Canadian immigration system and was announced by immigration minister Sean Fraser on March 31, 2022. This article enlists latest processing times from IRCC website as of today (August 2, 2022).
What Updates Does the Processing Time Include
In addition to accurate processing times, this tool is supposed to provide new weekly calculations from the previous six months’ data. Moreover, it reflects the application volume with operational challenges to help future immigrants plan their journey better.
IRCC calculates processing time based on its time to process previous similar applications. The processing time begins when IRCC receives the application and ends when the immigration officer has decided on the application. Moreover, the processing time may vary on how the application was submitted on paper or online.
Processing Times for Citizenship & PR cards
- Citizenship grant: 26 months (reduced by 1 month since last week)
- Citizenship Certificate (proof of citizenship): 17 months
- Resumption of citizenship: 19 months (reduced by 4 months since last week)
- Renunciation of citizenship: 16 months
- Search of citizenship records: 15 months
- New PR card: 81 days (increased further by 6 days since last week)
- Renewing PR card: 62 days (increased by 2 day since last week)
IRCC Processing Time for Family Sponsorship
- Spouse or common-law partner living outside Canada: 24 months (increased by 1 month since last week)
- Spouse or common-law partner living inside Canada: 15 months
- Parents or Grandparents: 36 months (increased by 1 month since last week)
Processing time for Canadian Passport
- 1. In-Canada New Passport (Regular application submitted in person at Service Canada Centre – Passport services): 10 business days
- 2. In-Canada New Passport (Regular application submitted by mail to Service Canada Centre): 20 business days
- 3. In-Canada New Passport (Standard pick-up): 10 business days
- 4. In-Canda Urgent pick-up: By the end of the next business day
- 5. In-Canada Express pick-up: 2-9 business days
- 6. Regular passport application mailed from outside Canada: 20 business days after receiving.
IRCC Processing time for Economic Class
- Canadian Experience Class (CEC): 14 months (increased by 1 month since last week)
- Federal Skilled Worker (FSWP): 26 months
- Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP): 46 months (reduced by 1 month since last week)
- Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) via express entry: 17 months (reduced by 1 month since last week)
- Non-Express Entry PNP: 25 months (reduced by 1 month since last week)
- Quebec skilled worker: 29 months. (reduced by 3 months since last week)
- Quebec business class: 64 months.
- Federal Self-employed: 41 months (reduced by 1 month since last week)
- Atlantic Immigration Program: 18 months. (reduced by 2 months since last week)
- Start-up Visa: 32 months
- You may also like:
- Express Entry New TEER System To Be Implemented On Nov 16!
- Upfront Medical Is Now Required For Express Entry After ITA!
- Express Entry Draw Sent 1,750 New Invites For PR-July 20!
IRCC Processing Time for Temporary Residence Application
- Visitor visa outside Canada: Varies by country (India: 160 days: Reduced by 2 days since last update on July 26)
- Visitor visa inside Canada: 17 days online and 20 days by paper. (Reduced further by 4 days online, but increased by 2 days (paper-based) since last update on July 26).
- Parents or grandparents Super Visa: Varies by country (India: 134 days: Reduced by 2 days since last update on July 26)
- Visitor extension (Visitor record): 174 days online and 196 days by paper. (Increased by 1 day (online) and 6 days (paper-based) since last update on July 26)
- Study permit outside Canada: 12 weeks
- Study permit inside Canada: 3 weeks
- Work permit outside Canada: Varies by country (India: 45 weeks)
- Study permit extension: 54 days online and 112 days by paper. (Reduced by 6 days (online), but increased by 23 days (paper-based) since last update on July 26)
- Work permit inside Canada (initial application or extension): 164 days online and 148 days by paper. (Increased further by 1 day online and 2 days (paper-based) since last update on July 26)
- International Experience Canada (Current Season): 8 weeks.
Satinder brings expertise, knowledge, and experience related to internal work process at IRCC. She worked at Canadian Consulate in Chandigarh before moving to Canada.
Her articles on Chinook – An internal IRCC tool used to bulk process temporary applications was one of the notable work on our news website