IRCC updated their online processing tool to provide accurate information on processing times in the beginning of 2022. This update was part of the effort to modernize the Canadian immigration system and was announced by immigration minister Sean Fraser on March 31, 2022. This article enlists latest processing times from IRCC website as of July 19, 2022.
What Updates Does the Processing Time Include
In addition to accurate processing times, this tool is supposed to provide new weekly calculations from the previous six months’ data. Moreover, it reflects the application volume with operational challenges to help future immigrants plan their journey better.
IRCC calculates processing time based on its time to process previous similar applications. The processing time begins when IRCC receives the application and ends when the immigration officer has decided on the application. Moreover, the processing time may vary on how the application was submitted on paper or online.
Processing Times for Citizenship & PR cards
- Citizenship grant: 27 months
- Citizenship Certificate (proof of citizenship): 17 months
- Resumption of citizenship: 23 months
- Renunciation of citizenship: 16 months
- Search of citizenship records: 15 months
- New PR card: 70 days (increased by 5 days since last week)
- Renewing PR card: 58 days (increased by 1 day since last week)
Processing Time for Family Sponsorship
- Spouse or common-law partner living outside Canada: 23 months
- Spouse or common-law partner living inside Canada: 15 months
- Parents or Grandparents: 35 months
Processing time for Canadian Passport
- 1. In-Canada New Passport (Regular application submitted in person at Service Canada Centre – Passport services): 10 business days
- 2. In-Canada New Passport (Regular application submitted by mail to Service Canada Centre): 20 business days
- 3. In-Canada New Passport (Standard pick-up): 10 business days
- 4. In-Canda Urgent pick-up: By the end of the next business day
- 5. In-Canada Express pick-up: 2-9 business days
- 6. Regular passport application mailed from outside Canada: 20 business days after receiving.
Processing time for Economic Class
- Canadian Experience Class (CEC): 13 months
- Federal Skilled Worker (FSWP): 26 months
- Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP): 47 months
- Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) via express entry: 18 months
- Non-Express Entry PNP: 26 months
- Quebec skilled worker: 32 months.
- Quebec business class: 64 months.
- Federal Self-employed: 42 months
- Atlantic Immigration Program: 20 months.
- Start-up Visa: 32 months
- Click here for July 12 processing update!
- Upfront Medical Is Now Required For Express Entry After ITA!
- Express Entry Draw Sent 1,750 New Invites For PR-July 20!
Processing Time for Temporary Residence Application
- Visitor visa outside Canada: Varies by country (India: 160 days: Increased further by 5 days since last update on July 12)
- Visitor visa inside Canada: 32 days online and 21 days by paper. (Reduced by 51 days online and 2 days by paper since last update on July 12).
- Parents or grandparents Super Visa: Varies by country (India: 134 days: Reduced by 1 day since last update on July 12)
- Visitor extension (Visitor record): 171 days online and 189 days by paper. (Increased by 2 days (online), but reduced by 1 days (paper-based) since last update on July 12)
- Study permit outside Canada: 12 weeks
- Study permit inside Canada: 2 weeks
- Work permit outside Canada: Varies by country (India: 47 weeks: Increased further by 3 weeks since last update on July 12)
- Study permit extension: 61 days online and 85 days by paper. (Reduced by 1 day (online) and 24 days (paper-based) since last update on July 12)
- Work permit inside Canada (initial application or extension): 161 days online and 141 days by paper. (Increased further by 1 day online, but reduced by 4 days since last update on July 12)
- International Experience Canada (Current Season): 8 Weeks.
Here Are Country-Wise Study Permit Approval Rates For Canada
- Must Reads!
- Here Are Canada Immigration New Targets For 2022-2024
- Here Is How To Extend Your Stay In Canada
- Visitors in Canada Can Now Apply For Work Permit Until 2023
- Family Sponsorship – Things You Should Know!
- IRCC Officer DM10032 – Here Is All You Need To Know!
- Caregiver Streams – Latest On Processing In 2 Years Of COVID
- Click here for most viewed videos during 2022!
- Visit here for most visited articles during 2022!
- Click here for all the important immigration news during 2022!
3 Trackbacks / Pingbacks
Comments are closed.