IRCC updated their online processing tool to provide accurate information on processing times in the beginning of 2022. This update was part of the effort to modernize the Canadian immigration system and was announced by immigration minister Sean Fraser on March 31, 2022. This article enlists latest processing times from IRCC website as of July 26, 2022.
What Updates Does the Processing Time Include
In addition to accurate processing times, this tool is supposed to provide new weekly calculations from the previous six months’ data. Moreover, it reflects the application volume with operational challenges to help future immigrants plan their journey better.
IRCC calculates processing time based on its time to process previous similar applications. The processing time begins when IRCC receives the application and ends when the immigration officer has decided on the application. Moreover, the processing time may vary on how the application was submitted on paper or online.
Processing Times for Citizenship & PR cards
- Citizenship grant: 27 months
- Citizenship Certificate (proof of citizenship): 17 months
- Resumption of citizenship: 23 months
- Renunciation of citizenship: 16 months
- Search of citizenship records: 15 months
- New PR card: 75 days (increased further by 5 days since last week)
- Renewing PR card: 60 days (increased by 2 day since last week)
Processing Time for Family Sponsorship
- Spouse or common-law partner living outside Canada: 23 months
- Spouse or common-law partner living inside Canada: 15 months
- Parents or Grandparents: 35 months
Processing time for Canadian Passport
- 1. In-Canada New Passport (Regular application submitted in person at Service Canada Centre – Passport services): 10 business days
- 2. In-Canada New Passport (Regular application submitted by mail to Service Canada Centre): 20 business days
- 3. In-Canada New Passport (Standard pick-up): 10 business days
- 4. In-Canda Urgent pick-up: By the end of the next business day
- 5. In-Canada Express pick-up: 2-9 business days
- 6. Regular passport application mailed from outside Canada: 20 business days after receiving.
Know Canada Passport Offices Latest Wait Time As Of Jul 27
Processing time for Economic Class
- Canadian Experience Class (CEC): 13 months
- Federal Skilled Worker (FSWP): 26 months
- Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP): 47 months
- Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) via express entry: 18 months
- Non-Express Entry PNP: 26 months
- Quebec skilled worker: 32 months.
- Quebec business class: 64 months.
- Federal Self-employed: 42 months
- Atlantic Immigration Program: 20 months.
- Start-up Visa: 32 months
- You may also like:
- Express Entry New TEER System To Be Implemented On Nov 16!
- Upfront Medical Is Now Required For Express Entry After ITA!
- Express Entry Draw Sent 1,750 New Invites For PR-July 20!
Processing Time for Temporary Residence Application
- Visitor visa outside Canada: Varies by country (India: 162 days: Increased further by 2 days since last update on July 19)
- Visitor visa inside Canada: 21 days online and 18 days by paper. (Reduced further by 11 days online and 3 days by paper since last update on July 19).
- Parents or grandparents Super Visa: Varies by country (India: 136 days: Increased by 2 days since last update on July 19)
- Visitor extension (Visitor record): 173 days online and 190 days by paper. (Increased by 2 days (online) and 1 day (paper-based) since last update on July 19)
- Study permit outside Canada: 12 weeks
- Study permit inside Canada: 3 weeks (Increased by 1 week since last update on July 19).
- Work permit outside Canada: Varies by country (India: 45 weeks: Reduced by 2 weeks since last update on July 19)
- Study permit extension: 60 days online and 89 days by paper. (Reduced by 1 day (online), but increased by 4 days (paper-based) since last update on July 19)
- Work permit inside Canada (initial application or extension): 163 days online and 146 days by paper. (Increased further by 2 days online and 5 days (paper-based) since last update on July 19)
- International Experience Canada (Current Season): Data not available.
Here Are Country-Wise Study Permit Approval Rates For Canada
2 Trackbacks / Pingbacks
Comments are closed.