Today, Government of Canada announced that they will remove all the COVID related travel restrictions effective October 1, 2022. So, anyone entering Canada on or after October 1 will not be facing any vaccine, testing, quarantine, and isolation requirements.
Before boarding, airlines will no longer need to check that passengers have input information into ArriveCAN.
As per the media release by Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC), Effective October 1, 2022, all travellers, regardless of citizenship, will no longer have to:
- submit public health information through the ArriveCAN app or website;
- provide proof of vaccination;
- undergo pre- or on-arrival testing;
- carry out COVID-19-related quarantine or isolation;
- monitor and report if they develop signs or symptoms of COVID-19 upon arriving to Canada.
Furthermore, Transport Canada is also removing existing travel requirements. As of October 1, 2022, travellers will no longer be required to:
- undergo health checks for travel on air and rail; or
- wear masks on planes and trains.
Additionally, travelers who entered Canada within 14 days of October 1, 2022 will not be needed to complete the balance of their quarantine or isolation, nor will they be forced to complete their testing requirements.
However, travelers must adhere to any relevant provincial or territorial COVID-19 regulations. Foreign nationals must still comply with the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act’s entrance criteria and present essential travel and immigration papers.
Canadian government continues to encourage the use of ArriveCAN. The press release stated that while travellers will no longer be required to submit quarantine and vaccination information through ArriveCAN. But, travelers can continue to use the optional Advance Declaration feature in ArriveCAN to save time at the airport by submitting their customs and immigration declaration in advance of arrival.
This function is presently accessible to passengers arriving at Toronto Pearson, Vancouver, or Montréal-Trudeau international airports, and will be expanded to Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Billy Bishop Toronto City, Ottawa, Québec City, and Halifax international airports in the coming months.
Source: Public Health Agency of Canada
- More Reads!
- Here Are Canada Immigration New Targets For 2022-2024
- New NOC Codes – Here Is All You Need To Know!
- Here Is How To Extend Your Stay In Canada
- Visitors in Canada Can Now Apply For Work Permit Until 2023
- Family Sponsorship – Things You Should Know!
- How To Avoid Immigration Fraud!
- Here Is Full List Of Facilitated LMIA Occupations In Quebec
- Is IRCC Having A Split Team For Processing Old & New Files?
- IRCC Officer DM10032 – Here Is All You Need To Know!
- Tourist Visa For Canada! – Things You Should Know!
- Click here for the most viewed videos during 2022!
- Click here for all the important immigration news during 2022!