As per latest data from Statistics Canada, Canada added 457,888 individuals to its population. Furthermore, Canada’s total population in the end of March 2022 was recorded at 38,526,760. This data is until end of the March 2022 as compared to same time period of 2021.
This is 1.20% growth year-on-year as compared to the period of September 2020 to September 2022 which showed just 0.55% growth. Full province-wise population table is at end of this article. Statistics Canada includes following individuals for this census:
- Canadian citizens (by birth or by naturalization) and immigrants with a usual place of residence in Canada;
- Canadian citizens (by birth or by naturalization) and immigrants who are abroad, either on a military base or attached to a diplomatic mission;
- Also, Canadian citizens (by birth or by naturalization) and immigrants at sea or in port aboard merchant vessels under Canadian registry or Canadian government vessels;
- persons with a usual place of residence in Canada who are claiming refugee status and the family members living with them;
- persons with a usual place of residence in Canada who hold study permits and the family members living with them;
- Also, persons with a usual place of residence in Canada who hold work permits and the family members living with them.
However, Statistics Canada exclude the following:
- government representatives of another country attached to the embassy, high commission or other diplomatic body of that country in Canada, and members of their families living with them;
- members of the Armed Forces of another country who are stationed in Canada, and family members living with them;
- residents of another country visiting Canada temporarily (for example, a foreign visitor on vacation or on business, with or without a visitor’s permit).
Canada Population Province-Wise
Reference period is from Quarter 1 of 2021 to Quarter 1 of 2022. Q1 in Canada means first 3 months of a year; January to March.
|Geography||Q1 2021||Q1 2022||Actual Change||%Age Change|
|Prince Edward Island||161,514||166,331||4,817||2.98%|
|Newfoundland and Labrador||519,664||522,453||2,789||0.54%|