IRCC has updated the online processing tool to provide accurate information on processing times. This update was part of the effort to modernize the Canadian immigration system and was announced by immigration minister Sean Fraser on March 31, 2022. This article enlists latest processing times from IRCC as of April 12, 2022.
What Updates Does the Processing Time Include
In addition to accurate processing times, this tool is supposed to provide new weekly calculations from the previous six months’ data. Moreover, it will reflect the application volume with operational challenges to help future immigrants plan their journey better.
However, the earlier processing time tool only reflected service standards, IRCC’s commitment to process applications under normal circumstances. These service standards are not for all applications and are not regularly updated.
Calculating Processing Times
IRCC calculates processing time based on its time to process previous similar applications. The processing time begins when IRCC receives the application and ends when the immigration officer has decided on the application. Moreover, the processing time may vary on how the application was submitted on paper or online.
Current Processing Times
Current immigration data reveals about 1.84 million people are awaiting processing. However, some improvements in processing time are seen with express entry applicants. Still, IRCC is struggling to process applications due the impact on Covid-19 pandemic. Below are some of the current processing times.
Processing time for Express Entry under Economic Class
- Canadian Experience Class (CEC): 8 months
- Federal Skilled Worker (FSWP): 27 months
- Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP): 37 months
- Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) through express entry: 22 months
- Non-Express Entry PNP: 28 months
- Quebec skilled worker: 31 months
- Quebec business class: 64 months
- Federal Self-employed: 41 months
- Atlantic Immigration Program: 14 months
- Start-up Visa: 31 months
Processing Time for Family Sponsorship
- Spouse or common-law partner living outside Canada: 20 months
- Spouse or common-law partner living inside Canada: 16 months
- Parents or Grandparents: 32 months
Processing Time for Temporary Residence Application
- Visitor visa outside Canada: Varies by country (India: 121 days)
- Visitor visa inside Canada: 11 days online and 42 days by paper
- Visitor extension: 213 days online and 212 days by paper
- Parents or grandparents Super Visa: Varies by country (India: 122 days)
- Study permit outside Canada: 13 weeks
- Study permit inside Canada: 5 weeks
- Study permit extension: 64 days online and 179 days by paper
- Work permit outside Canada: Varies by country (India: 53 weeks)
- Work permit inside Canada (initial application or extension): 133 days online and 205 days by paper
- International Experience Canada: Current season – 3 weeks
- Electronic Travel Authorization: 5 minutes
Here Are Canada Immigration New Targets For 2022-2024
New NOC Codes – Here Is All You Need To Know!
Here Is How To Extend Your Stay In Canada
Visitors in Canada Can Now Apply For Work Permit Until 2023
Family Sponsorship – Things You Should Know!
How To Avoid Immigration Fraud!
Here Is Full List Of Facilitated LMIA Occupations In Quebec
Is IRCC Having Split Team For Processing Old & New Files?
IRCC Officer DM10032 – Here Is All You Need To Know!
Tourist Visa For Canada! – Things You Should Know!
Click here for most viewed videos during 2022!
Visit here for most visited articles during 2022!
Click here for all the important immigration news during 2022!
2 Trackbacks / Pingbacks
Comments are closed.