To get a PR for NOC C or D skill level, you will have to go through a Provincial Nominee Program (PNP). NOC C or D skill levels are not eligible for Express Entry system. PNPs allow province and territories to make their own immigration programs depending on their economic and population growth strategies. This article delves into Ontario PNP option for NOC C or D skill level. Ontario PNP is known as Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP).
PNP Options in Ontario
Ontario offers an Ontario’s Employer Job Offer In-Demand Skills Stream. This allows OINP to nominate foreign nationals with the required work experience in NOC C or D skill level. So, they can successfully establish themselves within Ontario’s job market and communities. Also, this helps them in getting a PR.
To be eligible you should have—
- Work Experience: You need to have at least nine months of cumulative, full-time and paid work experience. And, this should be within the three years prior to the date of the application submission.
- Education: You should have at least completed the equivalent of a Canadian secondary school (high school) education.
- Language Proficiency— CLB level 4 or higher in a language proficiency test either in English or French. Acceptable English tests are IELTS or CELPIP. Furthermore, acceptable French tests are TCF or TEF. Click here for language equivalency chart to see CLB level 4 for these tests.
- Funds— You should have enough funds and/or income in Ontario to cover the settlement costs. You can prove this through various ways. For example- bank statements and/or a job offer in Ontario.
- Valid License— Only for NOCs that require certification or licensing. You need to have a valid certificate or license at the time of application for any work experience claimed in an occupation that requires certification or licensing.
- Intent—You should have the intention to live in Ontario by providing a list of established ties to Ontario.
- Legal Status—If you are living in Canada at the time of applying, you should hold and maintain a legal status until nomination (like a study/work permit or a visitor record)
Job offer Requirements
To be eligible for OINP, the applicant should have a job letter signed by them and an Ontario employer. Also, it should meet the following criteria-
- Be a full-time position under the NOC C or D category
- The wage rate should be at least the median wage level for the occupation in Ontario
Listed below is a list of Eligible Ontario In-Demand Skills Occupations–
The position offered can be in any location in Ontario:
- Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates (NOC 3413)
- Home support workers and related occupations, excluding housekeepers (NOC 4412)
- Residential and commercial installers and servicers (NOC 7441)
- Transport truck drivers (NOC 7511)
- Heavy equipment operators (except crane) (NOC 7521)
- Construction trades helpers and labourers (NOC 7611)
- General farm workers (NOC 8431)
- Nursery and greenhouse workers (NOC 8432)
- Harvesting labourers (NOC 8611)
- Industrial butchers and meat cutters, poultry preparers and related workers (NOC 9462)
The position offered must be outside the Greater Toronto Area (City of Toronto, Durham, Halton, York and Peel regions):
- Machine operators, mineral and metal processing (NOC 9411)
- Metalworking and forging machine operators (NOC 9416)
- Machining tool operators (NOC 9417)
- Other metal products machine operators (NOC 9418 )
- Chemical plant machine operators (NOC 9421)
- Plastics processing machine operators (NOC 9422)
- Woodworking machine operators (NOC 9437)
- Industrial sewing machine operators (NOC 9446)
- Process control and machine operators, food, beverage and associated products processing (NOC 9461)
- Electronics assemblers, fabricators, inspectors and testers (NOC 9523)
- Mechanical assemblers and inspectors (NOC 9526)
- Industrial painters, coaters and metal finishing process operators (NOC 9536)
- Other products assemblers, finishers and inspectors (NOC 9537)
How to Apply?
You need to follow these steps to apply-
- First, submit an application on the website
- Choose returning user OR new applicant
- Choose Employer Job Offer: In-Demand Skills Stream
- New applicants need to pre-register by entering their name and DOB
- Log in to your ONe-key account or click Sign up now
- You will be sent to the OINP e-Filing Portal. Create a profile by filling in the information.
- Click Finish after you’ve completed it. This will send you back to the e-Filing Portal’s main page.
- Click on the file number beside Employer Job Offer: In-Demand Skills Stream to begin your application.
- Once you’ve submitted your application, you’ll get a confirmation email from OINP.
- You can use your OINP e-Filing Portal to track the status of your application.
- Finally, once nominated you will receive a Nomination Approval Letter, Work Permit Support Letter, and Nomination Certificate via email.
- You have 6 months to apply to IRCC for your PR.
The Application Fee is
- CAD$1,500 for jobs located outside the GTA
- CAD$2,000 for jobs located inside the GTA.
Here Are Canada Immigration New Targets For 2022-2024
New NOC Codes – Here Is All You Need To Know!
Here Is How To Extend Your Stay In Canada
Visitors in Canada Can Now Apply For Work Permit Until 2023
Family Sponsorship – Things You Should Know!
How To Avoid Immigration Fraud!
Here Is Full List Of Facilitated LMIA Occupations In Quebec
Is IRCC Having Split Team For Processing Old & New Files?
IRCC Officer DM10032 – Here Is All You Need To Know!
Tourist Visa For Canada! – Things You Should Know!
Click here for most viewed videos during 2022!
Visit here for most visited articles during 2021!
Click here for all the important immigration news during 2022!
8 Trackbacks / Pingbacks
Comments are closed.