On May 19, 2022; Alberta PNP draw under Express Entry Stream sent only 100 invitations to the profiles having a score of 382 and above, but details of this draw were updated today. Cut off score in this draw was the highest as per available data on Alberta’s official website. Previously, highest cut off score was 381 in April 2020.
As compared to April 2022 draw, cut off increased by 26 points. It is important to mention here that cut off score in April draw was also on of the highest. Alberta has recently renamed its PNP program to AAIP (Alberta Advantage Immigration Program).
Alberta PNP is one of the best option for express entry candidates having a low CRS score, but not all the express entry profiles having a CRS score of 382 or above were invited in this draw. Additional factors decide whether you will receive an invitation or not.
Alberta PNP has invited total of 2,050 express entry profiles this year and invited total of 6,250 profiles in 2021 under both express entry and opportunity stream. There are approximately 1,050 Alberta Opportunity Stream applications and 750 expression of interest applications in the Alberta Express Entry pool as of May 25, 2022.
Alberta Express Entry Eligibility:
You may receive a notification of interest (NOI) if you have
- An active Express Entry profile in the federal Express Entry system.
- Selected Alberta as an intended province of settling in the Express Entry profile.
- Experience in an occupation that supports Alberta’s economic development and diversification
- Have a minimum Comprehensive Ranking System score of 300 in Express Entry.
Alberta PNP Draw Additional Factors That Matter:
Being eligible for Alberta express entry stream does not mean that you will definitely get a NOI because following additional factors play a role in whether you will receive a NOI or not:
- Job offer or work experience from an Albertan employer
- Graduate of a Canadian post-secondary institution from Alberta
- Having a parent, child, brother and/or sister who is a permanent resident living in Alberta, or a Canadian citizen living in Alberta
Alberta PNP Draw Factors That Decrease Your Chance:
- Your Express Entry profile expires in 5 months or less
- you work in an occupation:
- on the list of High-wage and low-wage occupations in the province of Alberta set out on the online Government of Canada
- on the Alberta Opportunity Stream Ineligible Occupations list
- that has a high volume of submissions across all AINP streams
Occupations With High volume Of Submissions:
As per AAIP, applications in following NOCs may take longer to process:
- 6311 – Food service supervisors
- 6211 – Retail sales supervisor
- 1241 – Administrative assistants
- 1221 – Administrative officers
- 6322 – Cooks
- 7511 – Transport truck drivers
- 4214 – Early childhood educators and assistants
- 0621 – Retail and wholesale trade managers
- 1311 – Accounting technicians and bookkeepers
- 0631 – Restaurant and food service managers