September 1, 2022 – Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) is transitioning 19 permanent immigration programs to 100% online applications. As per IRCC, this transitioning is to modernize Canada’s immigration system and enhance client service.
Some applicants were able to apply online for permanent immigration programs using the Permanent Residence Portal since March 31, 2021. It gives applicants more flexibility to get immediate confirmation on their application.
This portal is currently open to most permanent residence programs and is further expanding. Following the schedule listed in later part of the article, the IRCC will start moving 19 permanent residency programs’ application processes to 100% digital.
However, if an applicant cannot apply online or needs accommodations can request an alternative format. Offline applications received after the transition dates will be returned. IRCC will share more details on the alternative submission procedure later.
Transition to 100% online will beginning on September 23, 2022 starting with 8 PR programs. The whole switching to 100% digitalization of 19 PR programs is projected to complete by October 28, 2022.
- You May Also Like:
- Here Is IRCC Updated Express Entry Eligibility With New NOC System
- IRCC Eases Requirements For RNIP With 6 New Improvements
- IRCC Minister Provides Update On Reducing Wait Times & Backlog
- Processing Fees For Express Entry & All The Canada PNPs
- IRCC Extended Distance Learning Measures Until August 2023
- IRCC Launches New Webpage Providing Immigration Backlog Data
Below Is The IRCC Schedule For Transition
|September 23, 2022||1. Provincial nominee program (non-Express Entry)|
2. Quebec-selected skilled workers
3. Sponsoring a spouse or partner
4. Sponsoring a dependent child
5. Sponsoring an eligible relative
6. Sponsoring an orphaned sibling, niece or nephew, or grandchild
7. Adopting a child through the immigration process
8. Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot
|October 7, 2022||9. Quebec-selected investors|
10. Quebec-selected entrepreneurs
11. Self-employed people (Quebec)
|October 14, 2022||12. Agri-food pilot|
13. Start-up visa
14. Temporary resident permit holders applying for permanent residence
|October 21, 2022||15. Home Support Worker Pilot|
16. Home Child Care Provider Pilot (reopens to new applications on January 1, 2023)
17. Humanitarian and compassionate grounds
18. Self-employed people (federal)
|October 28, 2022||19. Atlantic Immigration Program|
- Here Are Canada Immigration New Targets For 2022-2024
- Visitors in Canada Can Now Apply For Work Permit Until 2023
- Click here for most viewed videos during 2022!
- Visit here for most visited articles during 2021!
- Click here for all the important immigration news during 2022!