Today, IRCC launched a new eApp online portal for refugee claims. Individuals in Canada seeking refugee status will be able to use this new portal effective September 13, 2022.
This new online asylum application system replace existing Canadian Refugee Protection Portal. And this will now be the primary method for persons to apply for refugee status in Canada.
Canada launched this new online portal to improve the applicants’ experience and will only be for people already in Canada.
You May Also Like:
- New Communities Added To Alberta PNP Rural Renewal Stream
- Know Here IRCC Latest Processing Times As Of October 4!
- BC PNP Draw Sent More Than 230 New Invites For PR–October 4
- Alberta Express Entry Stream – Here Is All You Need To Know!
- How Does Canada Citizenship Test Work? All You Need To Know!
As per IRCC September 13 notice, officers will be capable of communicating with clients or their legal representatives directly through this new portal. Additionally, claimants will also be able to monitor the status of their application.
Province-Wise Asylum Claimants Processed by IRCC, January – July 2022
|Provinces/Territories||January – July 2022|
|Newfoundland and Labrador||10|
|Prince Edward Island||—|
Anyone who wants to apply for refugee status in Canada can submit their paperwork as well as the documents of their family members who are living in Canada.
Once a claim is initiated, applicants will have 90 days to submit it. Incomplete claims that are not completed within 90 days will be removed for privacy reasons.
Individuals who began a claim via the previous Canadian Refugee Protection Portal on or before September 12, 2022 but have not submitted it, will still have until December 31, 2022 to submit their claim.
Furthermore, claimants who need accommodations can continue to file a written claim.
- More Reads!
- Here Are Canada Immigration New Targets For 2022-2024
- New NOC Codes – Here Is All You Need To Know!
- Here Is How To Extend Your Stay In Canada
- Visitors in Canada Can Now Apply For Work Permit Until 2023
- Family Sponsorship – Things You Should Know!
- How To Avoid Immigration Fraud!
- Here Is Full List Of Facilitated LMIA Occupations In Quebec
- Is IRCC Having A Split Team For Processing Old & New Files?
- IRCC Officer DM10032 – Here Is All You Need To Know!
- Tourist Visa For Canada! – Things You Should Know!
- Click here for the most viewed videos during 2022!
- Visit here for the most visited articles during 2021!
- Click here for all the important immigration news during 2022!
Kamal Deep Singh, RCIC (Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant) licensed by CICC (formerly known as ICCRC) with member number R708618. He brings extensive knowledge of immigration law and new changes to rapidly evolving IRCC.