IRCC has been updating the online processing tool to provide accurate information on processing times in early 2022. This update was part of the effort to modernize the Canadian immigration system and was announced by immigration minister Sean Fraser on March 31, 2022. This article enlists latest processing times from IRCC website as of September 6, 2022.
What Updates Does the Processing Time Include?
In addition to accurate processing times, this tool is supposed to provide new weekly calculations from the previous six months’ data. Moreover, it reflects the application volume with operational challenges to help future immigrants plan their journey better.
IRCC calculates processing time based on its time to process previous similar applications. The processing time begins when IRCC receives the application and ends when the immigration officer has decided on the application. Moreover, the processing time may vary on how the application was submitted on paper or online.
Processing Times for Citizenship & PR cards
- Citizenship grant: 26 months
- Citizenship Certificate (proof of citizenship): 17 months
- Resumption of citizenship: 23 months (increased by 4 months since last week’s update)
- Renunciation of citizenship: 17 months (increased by 1 month since last week’s update)
- Search of citizenship records: 15 months
- New PR card: 73 days (increased by 1 day since last week’s update)
- Renewing PR card: 78 days
Processing Time for Family Sponsorship
- Spouse or common-law partner living outside Canada: 23 months (reduced by 1 month since last week’s update)
- Spouse or common-law partner living inside Canada: 15 months
- Parents or Grandparents: 36 months
Processing time for Canadian Passport
- 1. In-Canada New Passport (Regular application submitted in person at Service Canada Centre – Passport services): 10 business days
- 2. In-Canada New Passport (Regular application submitted by mail to Service Canada Centre): 20 business days
- 3. In-Canada New Passport (Standard pick-up): 10 business days
- 4. In-Canda Urgent pick-up: By the end of the next business day
- 5. In-Canada Express pick-up: 2-9 business days
- 6. Regular passport application mailed from outside Canada: 20 business days after receiving.
- Know Canada Passport Offices Latest Wait Times
- Four New Service Canada Centers-Offering 10 Day Passport Pick Up – September 7
Processing time for Economic Class
- Canadian Experience Class (CEC): 15 months (increased by 1 month since last week’s update)
- Federal Skilled Worker (FSWP): 26 months
- Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP): 45 months (reduced by 1 month since last week’s update)
- Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) via express entry: 16 months (reduced by 1 months since last week’s update)
- Non-Express Entry PNP: 24 months (reduced by 1 month since last week’s update)
- Quebec skilled worker: 27 months. (reduced by 2 months since last week’s update)
- Quebec business class: 64 months.
- Federal Self-employed: 41 months
- Atlantic Immigration Program: 18 months.
- Start-up Visa: 32 months
IRCC Processing Time for Temporary Residence Application
- Visitor visa outside Canada: Varies by country (India: 145 days: Reduced by 3 days since last update on August 30)
- Visitor visa inside Canada: 15 days online and 29 days by paper. (Increased by 3 days (paper based) since last update on August 30)
- Parents or grandparents Super Visa: Varies by country (India: 56 days: Reduced by 12 days since last update on August 30)
- Visitor extension (Visitor record): 202 days online and 193 days by paper. Increased by 5 days (online), but reduced by 2 day (paper-based) since last update on August 30.
- Study permit outside Canada: 12 weeks
- Study permit inside Canada: 4 weeks
- Work permit outside Canada: Varies by country (India: 33 weeks: Reduced by 5 weeks since last update on August 30).
- Study permit extension: 46 days online and 109 days by paper. (Increased by 5 days (online), but reduced by 8 days (paper based) since last update on August 30)
- Work permit inside Canada (initial application or extension): 166 days online and 133 days by paper. Reduced by 4 days (paper-based) since last update on August 30)
- International Experience Canada (Current Season): 7 Weeks.
- Here Are Canada Immigration New Targets For 2022-2024
- Here Is How To Extend Your Stay In Canada
- Visitors in Canada Can Now Apply For Work Permit Until 2023
- Here Is Full List Of Facilitated LMIA Occupations In Quebec
- Tourist Visa For Canada! – Things You Should Know!
- Click here for the most viewed videos during 2022!
- Visit here for the most visited articles during 2021!
- Click here for all the important immigration news during 2022!
Satinder brings expertise, knowledge, and experience related to internal work process at IRCC. She worked at Canadian Consulate in Chandigarh before moving to Canada.
Her articles on Chinook – An internal IRCC tool used to bulk process temporary applications was one of the notable work on our news website