Recent IRCC Memorandum obtained by INC – Immigration News Canada revealed that new Express Entry NOC 2021 (TEER system) is projected to be implemented in GCMS by October 2022. The Global Case Management System (GCMS) is Citizenship and Immigration Canada’s (CIC’s) single, integrated and worldwide system used internally to process applications for citizenship and immigration services.
The memo was sent to IRCC Minister, Hon’ble Sean Fraser in the beginning of 2022 to seek his approval for the implementation of NOC 2021 within the Federal Skilled Trades Program for Express Entry system by February 25, 2022. This memo outlined the timeline and project milestones with dates until full implementation of new NOCs. This article enlists detailed timeline from that IRCC memo.
Timeline Outlined In IRCC Memo
Phase 1: Planning & Confirmation of Approach
September 2020 to January 2022: Assessment of NOC 2021’s structural changes on IRCC’s programs and development of implementation plan.
February 25, 2022: Ministerial decision on implementation approach of Federal Skilled Trades Program, necessary to identify IT requirements.
End of February 2022: Confirmation of IRCC’s implementation approach with provinces and territories. Scoping of IT requirements.
March 18, 2022: Deadline to include NOC 2021 requirements on IT work plan for GCMS Release 29.
Phase 2: Implementation
April 2022 to September 2022:
- Implementation of NOC 2021 within GCMS
- Drafting of amendments to IRPR and Ministerial Instructions
- Drafting of modifications to Program Delivery Instructions and Bilateral Agreements.
- Updates to websites and communications with clients.
- Ongoing engagements with provinces, territories and community partners.
- Clients notified of upcoming program changes.
- Target Ministerial Approval of amendments to Ministerial Instructions, IRPR, and bilateral agreements.
- Target Governor-in-Councial Approvals.
- NOC 2021 is fully implemented in GCMS
- Amendments to Ministerial Instructions, IRPR, and bilateral agreements come into force.
- NOC 2021 is in use at IRCC
So, based upon the information from this internal IRCC memo, it seems like TEER system will be implemented and actively in use at IRCC around November 2022.