Last Updated On 12 January 2023, 7:14 PM EST (Toronto Time)
December 16, 2022 – Manitoba PNP draw (MPNP) sent 249 Letters of Advice to Apply (LAA) under three different categories of its provincial nominee program. As usual, most of the LAAs; 155 went to Skilled Workers In Manitoba (SWM) having a cut off score 771.
Cut off score reduced only by 4 points as compared to previous MPNP draw on November 17, 2022. Lowest cut off score was 459 in January 2022 MPNP draw. Today’s draw is second consecutive draw as MPNP announced exclusive Skilled Worker Overseas draw yesterday inviting 656 Express Entry profiles.
Additionally, 46 Letters of Advice to Apply (LAA) were sent to International Education Stream (IES). 48 LAAs went to Skilled Worker Overseas applicants having a score of 703 or above, under a Strategic Recruitment Initiative. This cut off increased by 103 points as compared to last MPNP Draw.
Out of 249 LAAs, 36 were issued to the valid Express Entry profiles (FSW, FST, or CEC candidates). For 2022, the MPNP has a quota of 6,367 applications and so far 7,354 invites have already been sent this year.
- You may also like:
- Manitoba PNP: In-Demand Occupations With New TEER Codes
- Alberta Opportunity Stream For PR: Know Full Eligibility!
- Saskatchewan PNP-List of Ineligible Occupations With New NOC Codes
- BC PNP: New Changes To Eligibility For Skills Immigration
- Ontario PNP – Effect Of TEER System With New NOC Codes
Skilled Workers in Manitoba
This category offers permanent residency to individuals who demonstrate that a Manitoba company has offered them a long-term, full-time job. This job offer needs to be after they have completed at least six months (continuous) full-time employment with that company as a temporary foreign worker or international student working graduate.
Self-employed individuals, business owners, owner-operators and individuals providing services as independent contractors are not eligible.
If you graduated from a post-secondary program in another Canadian province, must first have been working for a Manitoba employer for at least one year before applying.
International Education Stream:
- The Graduate Internship Pathway which need a doctoral or master’s degree program from Manitoba in the last 3 years. But, job offer is not mandatory.
- The Career Employment Pathway which needs to be graduated in the past 3 years from a DLI. But, 1-year full time job offer is required.
- The International Student Entrepreneur Pilot which needs a full-time post-secondary program from Manitoba. It must be at least two years in duration. It requires the applicant to be 51% owner in a Manitoban business and actively working as a senior manager for last 6 months before applying.
Language proficiency of CLB 7 is required to apply.
Skilled Workers Overseas:
To apply under this category, candidates must demonstrate an established connection to Manitoba through:
- the support of family members or friends
- previous education or work experience in the province
- an Invitation to Apply received directly from the MPNP as part of a Strategic Recruitment Initiative.
Apart from this, you must score at least 60 points based on the five selection factors.
Click here to calculate your score.
Who cannot apply to the Manitoba PNP?
THE FOLLOWING ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO SUBMIT AN APPLICATION TO THE MPNP:
- Refugee claimants, or individuals involved in a federal appeal or removal process
- Live-in Caregivers currently living in Canada
- Temporary foreign workers currently working and residing in a province other than Manitoba
- Spouses of Canadian citizens or permanent residents
- Individuals who have been refused by the MPNP within the last six months and who are not able to address the reason(s) for refusal
How to Apply for Manitoba PNP:
Manitoba PNP does not necessarily requires an Express Entry profile, but need an Expression of Interest to be submitted with Manitoba. If you are eligible under one of the above mentioned programs, then click here to create an Expression of Interest with Manitoba.