On January 13, Manitoba PNP (Provincial Nominee Program) sent 443 Letters of Advice to Apply (LAA) under three different categories of provincial nominee program. As usual, most of the LAAs, 357 were sent to Skilled Workers in Manitoba category candidates having a score of 459 or above. This cut off score jumped by 84 points as compared to previous MPNP draw.
33 LAAs were sent under International Education Stream. 53 LAAs went to Skilled Worker Overseas applicants having a score of 711 or above, under a Strategic Recruitment Initiative. Out of 443 LAAs, 97 were issued to the valid Express Entry profiles (FSW, CEC, and PNP categories).
Skilled Workers in Manitoba:
This category offers permanent residency to individuals who demonstrate that a Manitoba company has offered them a long-term, full-time job. This job offer needs to be after they have completed at least six months (continuous) full-time employment with that company as a temporary foreign worker or international student working graduate.
Self-employed individuals, business owners, owner-operators and individuals providing services as independent contractors are not eligible.
If you graduated from a post-secondary program in another Canadian province, must first have been working for a Manitoba employer for at least one year before applying.
International Education Stream:
- the Graduate Internship Pathway; – Need a doctoral or master’s degree program from Manitoba in the last 3 years. Job offer not mandatory.
- the Career Employment Pathway; – Need to be graduated in the past 3 years from a DLI. 1-year full time job offer is required.
- the International Student Entrepreneur Pilot – Need a full-time post-secondary program from Manitoba that was at least two years in duration. Require the applicant to be 51% owner in a Manitoban business and actively working as a senior manager for last 6 months before applying.
Apart from all these language proficiency of CLB 7 is required to apply in any category under International Education Stream.
Skilled Workers Overseas:
To apply under this category, candidates must demonstrate an established connection to Manitoba through:
- the support of family members or friends
- previous education or work experience in the province
- an Invitation to Apply received directly from the MPNP as part of a Strategic Recruitment Initiative.
Apart from this, you must score at least 60 points based on the five selection factors.
Who cannot apply to the Manitoba PNP?
THE FOLLOWING ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO SUBMIT AN APPLICATION TO THE MPNP:
- Refugee claimants, or individuals involved in a federal appeal or removal process
- Live-in Caregivers currently living in Canada
- Temporary foreign workers currently working and residing in a province other than Manitoba
- Spouses of Canadian citizens or permanent residents
- Individuals who have been refused by the MPNP within the last six months and who are not able to address the reason(s) for refusal
- Individuals who have an active immigration application with any other provincial immigration program or federal immigration program in Canada.
How to Apply for Manitoba PNP:
Manitoba PNP does not necessarily requires an Express Entry profile, but need an Expression of Interest to be submitted with Manitoba. If you are eligible under one of the above mentioned programs, then click here to create an Expression of Interest with Manitoba.
Kamal Deep Singh, RCIC (Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant) licensed by CICC (formerly known as ICCRC) with member number R708618. He brings extensive knowledge of immigration law and new changes to rapidly evolving IRCC.