Latest Processing Update By IRCC: This video provides weekly update on official processing timeline as updated by IRCC on their website every week. As per IRCC website, “In the past 3 months, the majority (80%) of the applications we’re finalizing were received during this period.” If this date range doesn’t change for a while, then IRCC is still processing applications and finalizing older applications that were complex or missing documents.
Processing is still sluggish for most of the immigration categories. You should understand following things, if you are watching this video:
- Information in this video is as per timeline mentioned on IRCC official website and gives an idea on which applications IRCC is currently working on.
- The dates in the video reflects timeline for 80% of the applications. Furthermore, it is general update for “MOST” of the applications in process, not “ALL” of the applications.
- This video provides the update for which IRCC in Canada is responsible, whereas all other outside Canada applications update is not provided as it’s difficult to determine processing for each and every country.
- The dates or weeks mentioned in this video are the the dates of weeks on/during which IRCC received your application, not the day you hired your representative/consult or submitted the file.
- If you applied before the date corresponding to your visa category and you still haven’t heard anything regarding your application, then:
- Your application is complex than what normally IRCC was expecting, but not to worry IRCC may contact you to clear that complexity. So, expect delays.
- You should check your GC key or official email ID for update on processing.
- IRCC has also mentioned that there is delay in processing due to COVID-19 and they are prioritizing applications from people who are exempt from travel restrictions.
- Some people may also be victim of fraud, so ask your consultant for UCI number or proof that they actually applied for your visa.
Links for further reference
1. IRCC official website link: https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship.html
2. Create an online account: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html
3. Link for online tool: https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?app=ecas&lang=en
4. Check online status: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html
5. Link paper application to your online account: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/link-paper-online.html
6. How to check eTA status: https://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/eta/applicationQuery?lang=en
Kamal Deep Singh, RCIC (Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant) licensed by CICC (formerly known as ICCRC) with member number R708618. He brings extensive knowledge of immigration law and new changes to rapidly evolving IRCC.