Today, OINP Draw (Ontario PNP) sent invitations to 1,340 Express Entry Profiles under Skilled Trades Stream. Candidates having Express Entry CRS score of 266 and above were sent the Notification of Interests (NOIs). Similar to previous draw, there was no upper cap of CRS score.
CRS cut off score reduced by 54 points as compared to previous OINP Skilled Trades Stream on September 7, 2022.
Express Entry profiles created between September 29, 2021 – September 29, 2022 were considered for this draw. Furthermore, skilled trades stream has invited 7,506 Express Entry Profiles in total, this year. You can check the eligibility for Skilled Trades Stream in the later part of this article.
Focus has shifted to PNP (Provincial Nominee Programs), rather than relying solely on Express Entry. This is because of high CRS cut off in recently resumed Express Entry All Program Draw.
- You may also like:
- Ontario PNP (OINP) New Update: 2022 Quota & Processing Times
- PR For NOC C or D In Ontario – Eligibility & How To Apply!
- Know OINP International Student Stream Eligible Institutions
- New Ontario Budget To Address Labour Shortage & Enhance OINP
Ontario PNP Work Experience Requirement for FST:
You must have the following:at least one year of cumulative paid full-time work experience (or the equivalent in paid part-time employment) in Ontario in a skilled occupation specified in National Occupational Classification Minor Group 633 or Major Groups 72, 73, or 82 (NOC).
This work experience must have been:
- obtained within the last two years from the date of submitting your application to the OINP
- in one or more of the occupations that you identified in your Express Entry profile
- in Ontario while maintaining legal status in Canada
- the work you’ve done must add up to one year, but it does not have to be one year of continuous work
- working in a job with at least 30 hours of paid work in a week that amounts to at least 1,560 hours of paid work in one year (part-time work experience is counted if it adds to at least aforementioned hours within last two years).
**You must have a valid certificate or licence in Ontario at the time you apply. Also, you must have held a valid certificate or licence that covers the period of work experience. This is applicable, even if you are no longer working in the trade.
Residency Obligation and Language Requirement:
You must be:
- living in Ontario
- holding a valid work permit at the time of application.
- Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level 5 or higher.
You must have enough money to support yourself and your dependent family members, which can be met by any of the following:
- funds as demonstrated by the balance listed in bank statements, or statements of accounts showing other investments such as non-locked in, fixed term deposits, mutual funds, etcetera
- annual earnings from ongoing employment in Ontario
- a job offer in Ontario
You must intend to live in Ontario.
Cost to apply:
The application processing fee is $1,500.
How to Apply for Ontario PNP Skilled Trades Stream:
You must submit your application within 45 calendar days of receiving your NOI. It takes about three hours to complete your application. You don’t have to do it all at once. If you received an invitation, click here to submit your application.
- Here Are Canada Immigration New Targets For 2022-2024
- Here Is How To Extend Your Stay In Canada
- Visitors in Canada Can Now Apply For Work Permit Until 2023
- Tourist Visa For Canada! – Things You Should Know!
- Click here for the most viewed videos during 2022!
- Visit here for the most visited articles during 2021!
- Click here for all the important immigration news during 2022!