IRCC has updated the online processing tool to provide accurate information on processing times. This update was part of the effort to modernize the Canadian immigration system and was announced by immigration minister Sean Fraser on March 31, 2022. This article enlists latest processing times from IRCC website as of July 12, 2022.
What Updates Does the Processing Time Include
In addition to accurate processing times, this tool is supposed to provide new weekly calculations from the previous six months’ data. Moreover, it reflects the application volume with operational challenges to help future immigrants plan their journey better.
IRCC calculates processing time based on its time to process previous similar applications. The processing time begins when IRCC receives the application and ends when the immigration officer has decided on the application. Moreover, the processing time may vary on how the application was submitted on paper or online.
Processing Times for Citizenship & PR cards
- Citizenship grant: 27 months
- Citizenship Certificate (proof of citizenship): 17 months
- Resumption of citizenship: 23 months
- Renunciation of citizenship: 16 months
- Search of citizenship records: 15 months
- New PR card: 65 days
- Renewing PR card: 57 days (reduced by 2 days since last week)
Processing Time for Family Sponsorship
- Spouse or common-law partner living outside Canada: 23 months
- Spouse or common-law partner living inside Canada: 15 months
- Parents or Grandparents: 35 months
Processing time for Canadian Passport
- 1. In-Canada New Passport (Regular application submitted in person at Service Canada Centre – Passport services): 10 business days
- 2. In-Canada New Passport (Regular application submitted by mail to Service Canada Centre): 20 business days
- 3. In-Canada New Passport (Standard pick-up): 10 business days
- 4. In-Canda Urgent pick-up: By the end of the next business day
- 5. In-Canada Express pick-up: 2-9 business days
- 6. Regular passport application mailed from outside Canada: 20 business days after receiving.
Processing time for Economic Class
- Canadian Experience Class (CEC): 13 months
- Federal Skilled Worker (FSWP): 26 months
- Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP): 47 months
- Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) via express entry: 18 months
- Non-Express Entry PNP: 26 months
- Quebec skilled worker: 32 months.
- Quebec business class: 64 months.
- Federal Self-employed: 42 months
- Atlantic Immigration Program: 20 months.
- Start-up Visa: 32 months
Processing Time for Temporary Residence Application
- Visitor visa outside Canada: Varies by country (India: 155 days: Increased further by 3 days since last update on July 5)
- Visitor visa inside Canada: 90 days online and 18 days by paper. (Increased by 7 days (online), but reduced by 3 days (paper) since last update on July 5)
- Parents or grandparents Super Visa: Varies by country (India: 135 days: Reduced by 10 day since last update on July 5)
- Visitor extension (Visitor record): 169 days online and 190 days by paper. (Reduced again by 5 days (online) and 11 days (paper) since last update on July 5)
- Study permit outside Canada: 12 weeks
- Study permit inside Canada: 2 weeks
- Work permit outside Canada: Varies by country (India: 44 weeks: Increased further by 1 week since last update on July 5)
- Study permit extension: 62 days online and 109 days by paper. (Reduced by 20 days (only paper based) since last update on July 5)
- Work permit inside Canada (initial application or extension): 159 days online and 145 days by paper. (Increased further by 1 day online, but reduced by 4 days since last update on July 5)
- International Experience Canada (Current Season): 8 Weeks.