IRCC has updated the online processing tool to provide accurate information on processing times. This update was part of the effort to modernize the Canadian immigration system and was announced by immigration minister Sean Fraser on March 31, 2022. This article enlists latest processing times from IRCC website as of June 8, 2022. It’s important to understand what these processing times reflect.
What Updates Does the Processing Time Include
In addition to accurate processing times, this tool is supposed to provide new weekly calculations from the previous six months’ data. Moreover, it reflects the application volume with operational challenges to help future immigrants plan their journey better.
Calculating Processing Times
IRCC calculates processing time based on its time to process previous similar applications. The processing time begins when IRCC receives the application and ends when the immigration officer has decided on the application. Moreover, the processing time may vary on how the application was submitted on paper or online.
Current Processing Times
Current immigration data reveals about 2.13 million people are awaiting processing. However, some improvements in processing time are seen with express entry applicants. Still, IRCC is struggling to process applications due the impact on Covid-19 pandemic. Below are some of the current processing times.
Processing Times for Citizenship & PR cards
- Citizenship grant: 27 months
- Citizenship Certificate (proof of citizenship): 17 months
- Resumption of citizenship: 23 months
- Renunciation of citizenship: 15 months
- Search of citizenship records: 15 months
- New PR card: 71 days (reduced by 20 days since last update on June 1)
- Renewing PR card: 60 days (reduced by 2 days since last update on June 1)
Processing Time for Family Sponsorship
- Spouse or common-law partner living outside Canada: 23 months (Again Increased by 1 month since last update on June 1)
- Spouse or common-law partner living inside Canada: 15 months
- Parents or Grandparents: 34 months
Click here for June 1 processing update!
Processing time for Canadian Passport
- 1. In-Canada New Passport (Regular application submitted in person at Service Canada Centre – Passport services): 10 business days
- 2. In-Canada New Passport (Regular application submitted by mail to Service Canada Centre): 20 business days
- 3. In-Canada New Passport (Standard pick-up): 10 business days
- 4. In-Canda Urgent pick-up: By the end of the next business day
- 5. In-Canada Express pick-up: 2-9 business days
- 6. Regular passport application mailed from outside Canada: 20 business days after receiving.
Processing time for Economic Class
- Canadian Experience Class (CEC): 11 months
- Federal Skilled Worker (FSWP): 26 months
- Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP): 43 months
- Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) through express entry: 21 months
- Non-Express Entry PNP: 27 months
- Quebec skilled worker: 32 months. (Again Increased by 1 month since last update on June 1)
- Quebec business class: 64 months. (Increased by 1 month since our last update on June 1)
- Federal Self-employed: 41 months
- Atlantic Immigration Program: 18 months. (Again Increased by 3 months since last update on June 1)
- Start-up Visa: 31 months
Click here for June 1 processing update.
Processing Time for Temporary Residence Application
- Visitor visa outside Canada: Varies by country (India: 131 days: Increased by 2 days since last update on June 1)
- Visitor visa inside Canada: 166 days online and 29 days by paper. (⚠️Increased by 130 days online and 7 days by paper since last update on June 1)
- Parents or grandparents Super Visa: Varies by country (India: 145 days – Reduced by 1 day since last update on June 1)
- Visitor extension (Visitor record): 196 days online and 214 days by paper. (Reduced by 8 days online since last update on June 1)
- Study permit outside Canada: 12 weeks
- Study permit inside Canada: 3 weeks
- Work permit outside Canada: Varies by country (India: 40 weeks: Increased by 1 week since last update on June 1)
- Study permit extension: 65 days online and 210 days by paper. (Reduced by 3 days online and 17 days by paper since last update on June 1)
- Work permit inside Canada (initial application or extension): 144 days online and 151 days by paper. (Increased by 1 day online and reduced by 1 day by paper since last update on June 1)
- International Experience Canada: Current season – 6 weeks. (Increased by 1 week since last update on June 1)
IRCC Announced Increase In Super Visa Duration To 5 Years!
No PGWP For International Students In Private Quebec Colleges W.E.F. 2023
Here Are Canada Immigration New Targets For 2022-2024
Visitors in Canada Can Now Apply For Work Permit Until 2023
Click here for most viewed videos during 2022!
Visit here for most visited articles during 2021!
Click here for all the important immigration news during 2022!