There are certain photo specifications by IRCC that an applicant should keep in mind while;
- Applying for PR card or
- Submitting an application for PR
- 50 mm wide X 70 mm high (2 inches wide x 2- 3/4 inches long) and sized so the height of the face measures between 31 mm (1- 1/4 inches) and 36 mm (1- 7/16 inches) from chin to crown of head (natural top of head).
Photo should be taken straight on, with face and shoulders centred and squared to the camera (i.e. the photographs must show the full front view of the person’s head and shoulders, showing full face centred in the middle of the photograph).
Back Of The Photo:
- the name and date of birth
- the name and complete address of the studio
- the date of photo
The photographer should not use stick-on labels, but can use a stamp or handwrite this information.
- Reflect your current appearance (taken within the last six months)
- Taken in front of a plain white background with a clear difference between your face and the background. Photos must reflect/represent natural skin tones.
- Both Colour or black and white photos are acceptable.
- Taken with a neutral facial expression (eyes open and clearly visible, mouth closed, no smiling).
- Clear, sharp and in focus.
- Photos should be identical and unaltered photographs.
- Taken with uniform lighting and not show shadows, glare or flash reflections.
- Not be taken from an existing photograph.
- Professionally printed on plain, high quality photographic paper (photos printed at home and photos printed on heavy weight paper are not acceptable)
- Glasses are allowed, but the eyes are clearly visible and there should be no glare in the glasses.
- Sunglasses or tinted eye glasses are not acceptable.
- Do not use the red-eye effect or red eye alterations.
- Do not wear hats and head coverings, unless they are worn daily for religious beliefs or medical reasons.
- Lighting should be uniform and shadows are unacceptable across the face or shoulders, around the ears or in the background.
Acceptable Photo Examples
Unacceptable Photos Examples
More Examples of Unacceptable Photos:
- Here Are Canada Immigration New Targets For 2022-2024
- Here Is How To Extend Your Stay In Canada
- Visitors in Canada Can Now Apply For Work Permit Until 2023
- Here Is Full List Of Facilitated LMIA Occupations In Quebec
- Tourist Visa For Canada! – Things You Should Know!
- Click here for the most viewed videos during 2022!
- Visit here for the most visited articles during 2021!
- Click here for all the important immigration news during 2022!
Kamal Deep Singh, RCIC (Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant) licensed by CICC (formerly known as ICCRC) with member number R708618. He brings extensive knowledge of immigration law and new changes to rapidly evolving IRCC.