January 26, 2023: Today, Manitoba PNP draw (MPNP) invited 336 Letters of Advice to Apply (LAA) under 3 different categories of its PNP (provincial nominee program).
Most of the LAAs, 253 were sent to Skilled Workers In Manitoba (SWM) with a cut off score 726.
Additionally, 60 Letters of Advice to Apply (LAA) went to International Education Stream (IES). Today’s draw sent 18 more LAAs for IES as compared to the last MPNP draw.
Out of 336 LAAs, 32 were issued to the candidates having a valid Express Entry profiles (FSW, FST, or CEC candidates).
MPNP says the EOI profiles continue to outnumber their capacity after the resumption of the EOI, post a pause between September 15 and October 6, 2022 due to upgrading of the system.
Moreover, draw scores have been higher after being resumed with implementation of new TEER system on November 17, 2022.
Reasons You May Not Have Received An Invitation In This Draw?
As per the Manitoba PNP, if your score is greater than the lowest-ranked candidate, but still you haven’t received LAA, then below could be the possible reasons:
- Your did not mention a valid language skills (English/French) Test Number in your EOI, or your language test is no longer valid; or
- You failed to submit a valid invitation number under Strategic Recruitment Initiative.
Manitoba Skilled Workers in Manitoba
This category offers permanent residency to individuals who demonstrate that a Manitoba company has offered them a long-term, full-time job.
This job offer needs to be after they have completed at least six months (continuous) full-time employment with that company as a temporary foreign worker or international student working graduate.
Self-employed individuals, business owners, owner-operators and individuals providing services as independent contractors are not eligible.
If you graduated from a post-secondary program in another Canadian province, must first have been working for a Manitoba employer for at least one year before applying.
Manitoba International Education Stream:
- The Graduate Internship Pathway which need a doctoral or master’s degree program from Manitoba in the last 3 years. But, job offer is not mandatory.
- The Career Employment Pathway which needs to be graduated in the past 3 years from a DLI. But, 1-year full time job offer is required.
- The International Student Entrepreneur Pilot which needs a full-time post-secondary program from Manitoba. It must be at least two years in duration. It requires the applicant to be 51% owner in a Manitoban business and actively working as a senior manager for last 6 months before applying.
Language proficiency of CLB 7 is required to apply.
Manitoba Skilled Workers Overseas:
To apply under this category, candidates must demonstrate an established connection to Manitoba through:
- the support of family members or friends
- previous education or work experience in the province
- an Invitation to Apply received directly from the MPNP as part of a Strategic Recruitment Initiative.
Apart from this, you must score at least 60 points based on the five selection factors.
Who cannot qualify for Manitoba PNP Draw?
THE FOLLOWING ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO SUBMIT AN APPLICATION TO THE MPNP:
- Refugee claimants, or individuals involved in a federal appeal or removal process
- Live-in Caregivers currently living in Canada
- Temporary foreign workers currently working and residing in a province other than Manitoba
- Spouses of Canadian citizens or permanent residents
- Individuals who have been refused by the MPNP within the last six months and who are not able to address the reason(s) for refusal
How to Qualify for Manitoba PNP Draw:
Manitoba PNP does not necessarily requires an Express Entry profile, but need an Expression of Interest to be submitted with Manitoba.
If you are eligible under one of the above mentioned programs, then click here to create an Expression of Interest with Manitoba.