On December 1, 2022 IRCC Minister Sean Fraser announced 20% increase in IEC quota. As a result, 90,000 youngsters can come to Canada from the partner countries.
This article delves into:
- What is International Experience Canada (IEC)
- IEC Eligibility
- Full List of Countries Eligible For IEC 2023
- How Can Indians, Brazilians, & Americans Participate In IEC 2023?
What is International Experience Canada (IEC)?
IEC has 3 categories:
- Working Holiday—This visa is suitable for those who desire the freedom to work for any employer in Canada. Moreover, candidates under this scheme obtain an open work permit. This implies you can move jobs and locations while still residing in Canada.
- Young Professionals—Applicants under this category can gain Canadian work experience by working with a Canadian business. To apply, candidates must have a legitimate Canadian employment offer. However, because this programme provides an employer-specific work visa, you must work for the same company in the same place.
- International Co-op – Through this programme, international students can complete an internship or work placement in Canada. However, this is only true when it is a need.
To be eligible to apply for an IEC
- Your country of citizenship should have an agreement with Canada.
- Your maximum age must be 35 years old
Full List of Countries Eligible For IEC 2023
|Denmark (Danish citizens who reside in Greenland and the Faroe Islands are also eligible)|
How Can Indians, Brazilians, & Americans Participate In IEC 2023?
Although, IEC is only for above listed countries. Youth less than the age of 35 years old from India, Brazil, and the United States can also apply using a recognized organization (RO).
However, the options are limited. Below are the recognized organizations (ROs) that Indians, Brazilians, and Americans can use to participate in IEC 2023.
- AIESEC Canada is a non-profit organization that helps develop leadership in youth. AIESEC offers work permit for Young Professionals (employer-specific work permit) for career development.
- Target market: Youth aged 18 to 30
- Eligible to: IEC countries/territories, Brazil, India
- GO International is a Canadian organization that offers work and travel opportunities. They offer Working Holiday (open work permit).
- Target market: Youth aged 18 to 35
- Eligible to: IEC countries/territories, the United States
- IAESTE offers opportunities in technical career-related jobs. They offer work permits for Young Professionals (employer-specific work permit) for career development and International Co-op (Internship) (employer-specific work permit) for students.
- Target market: Youth aged 18 to 35
- Eligible to: IEC countries and other IAESTE country partners (Including India, Nigeria, Brazil, and more)
IEC 2023 Second draw sent 7,118 new invitations under three categories. As usual, most of the invites went to Working Holiday category.
IEC 2023 first draw sent whopping 11,490 new invitations under three categories. Most of the invites went to Working Holiday category.
IEC 2023 has been officially opened on December 23 with 20% increase in quota. Check out the country-wise quota for partner countries.
Today, IRCC Minister Sean Fraser, launched the IEC 2023 (International Experience Canada) Program, with a 20% increase in the number of applicants!
Canada announced a new youth mobility agreement with Italy under the International Experience Canada program. Learn about this new agreement below.
IEC 2022: Here is country-wise list for number of invitations so far, number of candidates in pool, and number of available spots as of October 7, 2022!
The International Mobility Program (IMP) allows employers in Canada to hire temporary foreign workers without Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA).
IEC 2022: Here is country-wise list for number of invitations so far, number of candidates in pool, and number of available spots as of August 19, 2022!
January 26, 2023 – Second Manitoba PNP Draw of 2023 sent 336 invitations for PR including 32 Express Entry profiles. Get full details here.
Phase 1 of new IRCC temporary policy expanding eligibility for spousal open work permit will come in effect on January 30, 2023.
First Ontario PNP (OINP) Masters Graduate Stream of 2023 invited 692 profiles having EOI cut off score at 44 or above. Details inside.
Here are newly updated official IRCC processing times as of January 25, 2023 as well as comparison with last week’s processing times.
Latest BC PNP Draw (British Columbia) invited 221 applicants for permanent residency (PR). Minimum cut off score reduced by 3 points for 4 categories.
First OINP International Student Stream of 2023 invited profiles having a score of 82 and above in general draw. Details inside.
Canada immigration backlog finally drops below 1 million as per latest available official IRCC data. Backlog reduces for citizenship & temporary residence files
International students calling on Manitoba PNP to lower the cut off points and work permit extensions that are expiring soon. Details inside.
Most Canada immigration and visa programs require a police clearance certificate commonly known as PCC. Check out PCC requirements and where to get it from.
Today, IRCC announced doubling the Permanent Residency (PR) quota, for the out-of-status construction workers in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA).
Permanent residents outside Canada without valid PR cards need a permanent resident travel document (PRTD) to return to Canada. Here’s how to apply.
Last Alberta PNP Express Entry draw was in December 2022 inviting 129 profiles having CRS cut off score 305 and above. Get full details here.
Express Entry draw Cut off score dropped by 17 points to 490 in the second draw of 2023! Get full details and Express Entry draw history here!
Here are newly updated official IRCC processing times as of January 18, 2023 as well as comparison with last week’s processing times.
January 17 – BC PNP Draw (British Columbia PNP) invited more than 190 applicants for permanent residency (PR) under 5 different categories. Details inside.
IRCC hopes to significantly reduce or eliminate visitor visa backlog with “Aggressive Actions.” Announcement could be made within days as per internal sources.
If you have a study gap, but looking to apply for study visa in Canada. Learn about the most common reasons for a gap and how to justify them.
Immigration Appeal Division will be implementing new rules effective January 14, 2023. These new rules will be replacing old Rules introduced in 2002.