IRCC has started improving the online processing tool in order to deliver realistic processing timeframes beginning early 2022. This transformation was announced by Immigration Minister Sean Fraser on March 31, 2022, as part of an effort to improve Canada’s immigration system. This article provides the most recent processing times obtained from the IRCC website as of September 13, 2022.
What Updates Does the Processing Time Include?
This new IRCC tool is designed to offer weekly calculations from the preceding six months’ data, in addition to providing accurate processing times. Furthermore, it represents the application volume with operational issues to assist prospective immigrants in better planning their immigration to Canada.
IRCC bases processing time on the time it took to process past similar applications. The processing period begins when the application is received by IRCC and ends when the immigration officer makes a decision on the application. Furthermore, the processing time may differ depending on whether the application was filed on paper or online.
Processing Times for Citizenship & PR cards
- Citizenship grant: 26 months
- Citizenship Certificate (proof of citizenship): 17 months
- Resumption of citizenship: 23 months
- Renunciation of citizenship: 17 months
- Search of citizenship records: 15 months
- New PR card: 65 days (reduced by 8 days since last week’s update)
- Renewing PR card: 81 days (increased by 3 days since last week’s update)
Processing Time for Family Sponsorship
- Spouse or common-law partner living outside Canada: 23 months
- Spouse or common-law partner living inside Canada: 15 months
- Parents or Grandparents: 36 months
Processing time for Canadian Passport
- 1. In-Canada New Passport (Regular application submitted in person at Service Canada Centre – Passport services): 10 business days
- 2. In-Canada New Passport (Regular application submitted by mail to Service Canada Centre): 20 business days
- 3. In-Canada New Passport (Standard pick-up): 10 business days
- 4. In-Canda Urgent pick-up: By the end of the next business day
- 5. In-Canada Express pick-up: 2-9 business days
- 6. Regular passport application mailed from outside Canada: 20 business days after receiving.
- Four New Service Canada Centers-Offering 10 Day Passport Pick Up – September 7
- Know Canada Passport Offices Latest Wait Times
Processing time for Economic Class
- Canadian Experience Class (CEC): 15 months
- Federal Skilled Worker (FSWP): 26 months
- Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP): 44 months (reduced by 1 month since last week’s update)
- Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) via express entry: 16 months
- Non-Express Entry PNP: 24 months
- Quebec skilled worker: 27 months.
- Quebec business class: 64 months.
- Federal Self-employed: 41 months
- Atlantic Immigration Program: 18 months.
- Start-up Visa: 32 months
IRCC Processing Time for Temporary Residence Application
- Visitor visa outside Canada: Varies by country (India: 137 days: Reduced by 8 days since last update on September 6)
- Visitor visa inside Canada: 15 days online and 33 days by paper. (Increased by 4 days (paper based) since last update on September 6)
- Parents or grandparents Super Visa: Varies by country (India: 48 days: Reduced by 8 days since last update on September 6)
- Visitor extension (Visitor record): 206 days online and 192 days by paper. Increased by 4 days (online), but reduced by 1 day (paper-based) since last update on September 6.
- Study permit outside Canada: 12 weeks
- Study permit inside Canada: 4 weeks
- Work permit outside Canada: Varies by country (India: 29 weeks: Reduced by 4 weeks since last update on September 6). Applications for critical occupations are being prioritised. If you are not applying for a job in a critical occupation, your processing time may be longer than shown above.
- Study permit extension: 53 days online and 114 days by paper. (Increased by 7 days (online) and 5 days (paper based) since last update on September 6)
- Work permit inside Canada (initial application or extension): 166 days online and 133 days by paper.
- International Experience Canada (Current Season): 7 Weeks.
- Here Are Canada Immigration New Targets For 2022-2024
- Here Is How To Extend Your Stay In Canada
- Visitors in Canada Can Now Apply For Work Permit Until 2023
- Here Is Full List Of Facilitated LMIA Occupations In Quebec
- Tourist Visa For Canada! – Things You Should Know!
- Click here for the most viewed videos during 2022!
- Visit here for the most visited articles during 2021!
- Click here for all the important immigration news during 2022!
Satinder brings expertise, knowledge, and experience related to internal work process at IRCC. She worked at Canadian Consulate in Chandigarh before moving to Canada.
Her articles on Chinook – An internal IRCC tool used to bulk process temporary applications was one of the notable work on our news website