Job Title: News Editor
Job Type: Temporary with opportunity for permanent hire
Canada Sponsorship: No
Reimbursements: Internet Charges
We are looking for a News Editor in Chandigarh, India area. The ideal candidate is a hard-working team player who will play a critical role in driving the content for our website that brings value to our readers.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Analyze and capitalize various attributes and requirements of digital media to strengthen editor’s position.
- Manage and produce news to present information with accuracy, flow, and within time frame.
- Design innovative and unique solutions to optimize routine news coverage.
- Monitor and use multimedia, nonlinear and alternative storytelling strategies to widen readership base.
- Manage and edit contents to cater to readers’ requirement and provide detailed information for same.
- Work within creative environment to respond to various competing priorities.
- Prepare work schedule and deadlines and encourage team members to meet targets to facilitate timely publication.
- Design and implement coverage strategies to facilitate wide coverage of all sorts of issues and news.
- Provide training on how to select news for existing readership and gain new readers.
- Evaluate all new for authenticity and check with sources to ensure correctness of published article to avoid conflicts.
- Facilitate efficient news coverage to strengthen company’s position in media market.
- Manage and edit daily news, special news stories and periodical items.
- Monitor all feeds from news bureaus and other agencies for editing and further publication.
- Provide assignments to freelance writers and prepare reports for current news trends new readers and sustain existing readers.