A new change to Nova Scotia Experience: Express Entry (NSEEE) stream came in effect today (June 9, 2022). The Department of Labor, Skills, and Immigration (LSI) made this change for international graduates currently on a post-graduate work permit (PGWP) and planning to apply under NSEEE stream.
Effective from June 9, 2022 – NSEEE applicants who gained 1-year experience on PGWP after graduating from a DLI in Nova Scotia will be eligible for this stream. Previously, applicants who gained 1-year experience on PGWP in Nova Scotia, but graduated from a DLI outside the province were also eligible.
This new change only applies to applicants who gained the experience on PGWP only. However, the new change does not affect applicants who gained experience while on other types of work permits. Applications that have been submitted on or before June 8 will be processed as per old requirements.
- Nova Scotia Immigration! Here Is All You Should Know!
- Atlantic Immigration Program – Here Are 5 Steps To PR!
- 3 PNP Programs For Express Entry Without A Job Offer
- IRCC Permanentized Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program!
New NOC Specific Change
Furthermore, the LSI has temporarily paused the Atlantic Immigration Program (AIP) and the Nova Scotia Experience: Express Entry (NSEEE) stream to NOC 6311 – food service supervisors. Applicants under this NOC code will no longer be eligible for the aforementioned program/stream.
However, applicants with NOC 6311 can apply through the Nova Scotia Skilled Worker Stream. Additionally, employers can recruit food and beverage servers (NOC 6513) and food counter attendants, kitchen helpers and related support occupations (NOC 6711) through the Nova Scotia Occupations in Demand (OiD) stream.
The Nova Scotia Experience: Express Entry Stream of the Nova Scotia Nominee Program (NSNP) provides a route to Canadian PR for individuals who have experience working in Nova Scotia. This stream selects individuals who are highly skilled. Also, applicants should want to live in Nova Scotia. Applicants must have a minimum of one year of experience working in Nova Scotia in a high skilled occupation.
The Nova Scotia Experience: Express Entry Stream of the Nova Scotia Nominee Program (NSNP) provides a route to Canadian PR for individuals who have experience working in Nova Scotia. This stream selects individuals who are highly skilled. Also, applicants should want to live in Nova Scotia.
Eligibility For Nova Scotia Experience: Express Entry?
If you want to apply you must:
- Have a minimum of 1 year of work experience in Nova Scotia
- Be of 21 to 55 years of age
- Have a Canadian high school credential or equivalent
- Take a language proficiency test in either English or French on the Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB). Also, you should have CLB 7 for skilled work in the National Occupational Classification (NOC) 0 and A. You need CLB 5 for NOC B positions.
- Lastly, you should have your profile registered in IRCC’s Express Entry system.
How to Apply?
You need to apply online. Complete the application form and submit all required information and attachments.