On May 26, 2022 – OINP Draw (Ontario PNP) invited 535 Express Entry Profiles under skilled trades stream. This draw considered candidates having Express Entry CRS score between 295-461. Lower range of cut off score dropped by 5 points as compared to last skilled trades draw on April 26.
Currently, OINP is not updating the information of the draws on their website because of ongoing elections in the province. INC – Immigration News Canada contacted Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) and obtained information of all the draws held in May 2022.
The Skilled Trades draw only considers applicants having at least one year of cumulative paid full-time work experience (or the equivalent in paid part-time work) in Ontario. Eligible Skilled trades must be listed in Minor Group 633 or Major Groups 72, 73 or 82 of the National Occupational Classification (NOC).
Also, there was another OINP draw on May 4, 2022 for occupation in-demand category. May 4 draw issued 57 invitations to apply with a score of 27 and above.
Focus has shifted to PNP (Provincial Nominee Programs), rather than relying solely on Express Entry. This is because of no FSW draw since December 2020 and no CEC draw since September 2021. However, minister has recently communicated that express entry draws will start in early July.
Ontario PNP Work Experience Requirement for FST:
This work experience must have been:
- obtained within the last two years from the date of submitting your application to the OINP
- in one or more of the occupations that you identified in your Express Entry profile
- in Ontario while maintaining legal status in Canada
- the work you’ve done must add up to one year, but it does not have to be one year of continuous work
- working in a job with at least 30 hours of paid work in a week that amounts to at least 1,560 hours of paid work in one year (part-time work experience is counted if it adds to at least aforementioned hours within last two years).
**You must have a valid certificate or licence in Ontario at the time you apply. Also, you must have held a valid certificate or licence that covers the period of work experience. This is applicable, even if you are no longer working in the trade.
Residency Obligation and Language Requirement:
You must be:
- living in Ontario
- holding a valid work permit at the time of application.
- Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level 5 or higher.
You must have enough money to support yourself and your dependent family members, which can be met by any of the following:
- funds as demonstrated by the balance listed in bank statements, or statements of accounts showing other investments such as non-locked in, fixed term deposits, mutual funds, etcetera
- annual earnings from ongoing employment in Ontario
- a job offer in Ontario
You must intend to live in Ontario.
Cost to apply:
The application processing fee is $1,500.
How to Apply for Ontario PNP Skilled Trades Stream:
You must submit your application within 45 calendar days of receiving your NOI. It takes about three hours to complete your application. You don’t have to do it all at once. If you received an invitation, click here to submit your application.