IRCC has updated the online processing tool to provide accurate information on processing times. This update was part of the effort to modernize the Canadian immigration system and was announced by immigration minister Sean Fraser on March 31, 2022. This article enlists latest processing times from IRCC website as of July 5, 2022.
What Updates Does the Processing Time Include
In addition to accurate processing times, this tool is supposed to provide new weekly calculations from the previous six months’ data. Moreover, it reflects the application volume with operational challenges to help future immigrants plan their journey better.
IRCC calculates processing time based on its time to process previous similar applications. The processing time begins when IRCC receives the application and ends when the immigration officer has decided on the application. Moreover, the processing time may vary on how the application was submitted on paper or online.
Processing Times for Citizenship & PR cards
- Citizenship grant: 27 months
- Citizenship Certificate (proof of citizenship): 17 months
- Resumption of citizenship: 23 months
- Renunciation of citizenship: 16 months (Increased by 1 month since last week)
- Search of citizenship records: 15 months
- New PR card: 65 days (reduced by 4 days since last week)
- Renewing PR card: 59 days (reduced by 1 days since last week)
Processing Time for Family Sponsorship
- Spouse or common-law partner living outside Canada: 23 months
- Spouse or common-law partner living inside Canada: 15 months
- Parents or Grandparents: 35 months (Increased by 1 month since last week)
Processing time for Canadian Passport (Unchanged Since Last Update)
- 1. In-Canada New Passport (Regular application submitted in person at Service Canada Centre – Passport services): 10 business days
- 2. In-Canada New Passport (Regular application submitted by mail to Service Canada Centre): 20 business days
- 3. In-Canada New Passport (Standard pick-up): 10 business days
- 4. In-Canda Urgent pick-up: By the end of the next business day
- 5. In-Canada Express pick-up: 2-9 business days
- 6. Regular passport application mailed from outside Canada: 20 business days after receiving.
Processing time for Economic Class
- Canadian Experience Class (CEC): 13 months (Increased by 2 months since last week)
- Federal Skilled Worker (FSWP): 26 months
- Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP): 47 months (Increased by 5 months since last week)
- Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) via express entry: 18 months (Reduced by 3 months since last week)
- Non-Express Entry PNP: 26 months (Reduced by 1 month since last week)
- Quebec skilled worker: 32 months.
- Quebec business class: 64 months. (Increased by 1 month since last week)
- Federal Self-employed: 42 months (Increased by 1 month since last week)
- Atlantic Immigration Program: 20 months. (Increased by 2 month since last week)
- Start-up Visa: 32 months (Increased by 1 month since last week)
Processing Time for Temporary Residence Application
- Visitor visa outside Canada: Varies by country (India: 152 days: Increased further by 5 days since last update on June 29)
- Visitor visa inside Canada: 83 days online and 21 days by paper. (Reduced by 43 days (online) and 7 days (paper) since last update on June 29)
- Parents or grandparents Super Visa: Varies by country (India: 145 days: Reduced by 1 day since last update on June 29)
- Visitor extension (Visitor record): 174 days online and 201 days by paper. (Reduced again by 5 days (online) and 7 days (paper) since last update on June 29)
- Study permit outside Canada: 12 weeks
- Study permit inside Canada: 2 weeks
- Work permit outside Canada: Varies by country (India: 43 weeks: Increased further by 2 week since last update on June 29)
- Study permit extension: 62 days online and 129 days by paper. (Reduced again by 2 days online and 36 days by paper since last update on June 29)
- Work permit inside Canada (initial application or extension): 158 days online and 149 days by paper. (Increased further by 4 days online since last update on June 29)
- International Experience Canada (Current Season): 8 Weeks. (Increased by 1 week since last update on June 29)
Kamal Deep Singh, RCIC (Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant) licensed by CICC (formerly known as ICCRC) with member number R708618. He brings extensive knowledge of immigration law and new changes to rapidly evolving IRCC.