Skip to content

PR for NOC C or D in Saskatchewan-Eligibility & How To Apply

PR for NOC C or D. Saskatchewan is one of the fastest-growing economies and populations, because of the large number of immigrants, from all around the world.  Its economy is based on mostly agriculture and natural resources like fishing and forestry. 

Saskatchewan welcomes over 15,000 newcomers each year through various streams. So, if you are a semi-skilled (NOC C) or unskilled worker (NOC D) and want a Permanent Residency (PR) in Canada, Saskatchewan has got you covered. 

Saskatchewan has a Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) that helps semi-skilled workers already living and working there to get a Permanent Residence (PR) in Canada.  

PNP Options in Saskatchewan

The Semi-Skilled Agricultural Worker with Existing Work Permit is the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP) for applicants living and working there on a valid work permit. 

However, if you currently do not live and work in Saskatchewan, you can still apply for this program, if you can prove that you’ve previously worked in Saskatchewan for at least 6 months in either of the following occupations:

  • General Farm Worker
  • Nursery and Greenhouse Worker

Also, there is another category, called the Skilled Worker with Existing Work Permit under which applicants from NOC C and D can apply. It is mainly for people working in the Food and Beverage sector. The applicants can apply under the Hospitality Sector Pilot Project sub category. 

Who is eligible?

To be eligible for this stream you should have—

  • Work Experience
    • You need to have a permanent, full-time job offer from a Saskatchewan employer, in either of these occupations – General Farm Worker (NOC 8431 – level C occupation) or Nursery and Greenhouse Worker (NOC 8432 level C occupation). Also, you should have worked for more than 6 months for the employer who has offered you the full-time job. 
    • For the Hospitality Sector, you should be working in one of the following jobs- Food/Beverage Server (NOC 6513), Food Counter Attendant/Kitchen Helper (NOC 6711) and Housekeeping/Cleaning Staff (NOC 6731).
  • Work Permit—You should work for an employer on an IRCC valid work permit. Moreover, the work permit needs to be under one of these programs- Seasonal Agricultural Worker Program, International Experience Canada, or Temporary Foreign Worker Program. 
  • Education—You should have at least completed the equivalent of a Canadian secondary school (high school) education. 
  • Job Letter— You should have a valid SINP Job Approval Letter.
  • Language Proficiency— You should pass a language proficiency test in either English or French. Also, your CLB (Canadian Languages Benchmark) score should be a minimum of 4.

Also, not everyone is eligible to apply under this stream. Listed below are people who CAN NOT apply for this program-

  • Refugees
  • People on a PGWP (Post-Graduate Work Permit);
  • Applicants who fail to provide adequate documentation. Also, applicants who are unable to prove their intention to live in Saskatchewan. Lastly, applicants who have misrepresented facts to the SINP may also be ineligible.
How to Apply?

Listed below are the steps you need to follow to apply for SINP

  • Create an online account with SINP here
  • Fill in the sections of the online application form
  • Upload all required documents in pdf format. You need to scan the documents and upload them. Keep the original documents for your files. 
  • Finally, save and submit your completed application. This should include all required documentation.

The Application Fee is CAD 350$, non-refundable.

Must Reads!

Here Are Canada Immigration New Targets For 2022-2024

New NOC Codes – Here Is All You Need To Know!

Here Is How To Extend Your Stay In Canada

Visitors in Canada Can Now Apply For Work Permit Until 2023

Tourist Visa For Canada! – Things You Should Know!

Click here for most viewed videos during 2022!

Visit here for most visited articles during 2021!

Click here for all the important immigration news during 2022!