Ontario PNP Permanent Residency (PR) option with TEER 4 and 5 jobs: We all know that candidates in TEER 4 or 5 occupations are not eligible for Express Entry.
To obtain a PR with job profile in TEER 4 or 5 occupations (formerly NOC C or D), only 1 specific Ontario Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) is the option.
This is the Employer Job Offer: In-Demand Skills Stream that offer permanent residency (PR) for TEER 4 or 5 job profiles.
PNPs permit provinces and territories to establish their own immigration programs in accordance with their economic and population development strategies.
First thing first, below listed are the eligibility criteria for In-Demand Skills Stream and full list of eligible occupations.
Eligibility Criteria For Ontario PNP In-Demand Skills Stream
To qualify, you must have:
- Work Experience: A minimum of 9 months of cumulative, full-time, paid work experience is required.
- And this should have occurred within three years prior to the application submission date.
- Education: You must have completed at least the Canadian equivalent of secondary school (high school).
- Language Proficiency: Only CLB level 4 or higher on an English or French language proficiency test is needed to apply.
- CLB level 4 in IELTS means 4.5 in listening, 4 in writing and speaking, and 3.5 in reading. Click here for the CLB level 4 language equivalency chart.
- Sufficient Funds: You must have sufficient funds or income in Ontario to cover the settlement fees for any Ontario PNP.
- Since you will need a job offer to qualify under In-Demand Skills Stream, the sufficient funds requirement is automatically fulfilled with job offer.
- Job Offer Requirements: A full-time (1560 hours/year) and permanent/indeterminate (having no end date) job offer is required in any of the eligible occupations listed in later part of this article.
- Salary/pay for this job offer must be equal or higher than the median wage level listed on Job Bank website for the occupation offered based on the specific region of Ontario. Go to Job Bank website to find the median wage.
- Seasonal and/or contract based job offers are ineligible. Furthermore, your job offer should not affect the employment of a person involved in a labour dispute.
You must demonstrate your intent to reside in Ontario by providing a list of ties to the province.
Legal Status – If you are residing in Canada at the time of application, you must possess and maintain a legal status (such as a study/work permit or visitor record) until nomination.
List of TEER 4 or 5 occupations eligible for OINP In-Demand Skills Stream
Job Offer located anywhere in Ontario
- NOC 44101 – Home support workers, caregivers and related occupations
- NOC 65202 – Meat cutters and fishmongers – retail and wholesale
- NOC 75110 – Construction trades helpers and labourers
- NOC 84120 – Specialized livestock workers and farm machinery operators
- NOC 85100 – Livestock labourers
- NOC 85101 – Harvesting labourers
- NOC 85103 – Nursery and greenhouse labourers
- NOC 94141 – Industrial butchers and meat cutters, poultry preparers and related workers
Job Offer Outside the GTA (City of Toronto, Durham, Halton, York & Peel regions)
- NOC 94100 – Machine operators, mineral and metal processing
- NOC 94105 – Metalworking and forging machine operators
- NOC 94106 – Machining tool operators
- NOC 94107 – Machine operators of other metal products
- NOC 94110 – Chemical plant machine operators
- NOC 94111 – Plastics processing machine operators
- NOC 94124 – Woodworking machine operators
- NOC 94132 – Industrial sewing machine operators
- NOC 94140 – Process control and machine operators, food and beverage processing
- NOC 94201 – Electronics assemblers, fabricators, inspectors and testers
- NOC 94204 – Mechanical assemblers and inspectors
- NOC 94213 – Industrial painters, coaters and metal finishing process operators
- NOC 94219 – Other products assemblers, finishers and inspectors
- NOC 95102 – Labourers in chemical products processing and utilities
OINP Points Calculation
Job offer: NOC broad occupational category
- Occupational Category 0, 2, 3 – 10 points
- Occupational Category 7 – 7 points
- Occupational Category 1, 9 – 5 points
- Occupational Category 4, 8 – 4 points
- Occupational Category 5, 6 – 3 points
Job offer: wage
- $40 per hour or higher – 10 points
- $35 to $39.99 per hour – 8 points
- $30 to $34.99 per hour – 7 points
- $25 to $29.99 per hour – 6 points
- $20 to $24.99 per hour – 5 points
- Less than $20 per hour – 0 points
Work permit status
- With valid work permit – 10 points
- Without valid work permit – 0 points
The work permit must confer legal status.
Job tenure with job offer employer
- 6 months or more working in job offer position – 3 points
- Less than 6 months working in job offer position or not currently working in position – 0 points
Canadian work experience: earnings history
Based on a Notice of Assessment issued by the Canada Revenue Agency in the last five years.
- $40k or more earnings in a year – 3 points
- Less than $40k earnings in a year – 0 points
Regional immigration: location of job offer
- Northern Ontario – 10 points
- Other areas outside GTA (except Northern Ontario) – 8 points
- Inside GTA (except Toronto) – 3 points
- Toronto – 0 points
How To Apply For OINP In-Demand Skills Stream
Eligible candidates can create an online Expression of Interest (EOI) on OINP official website by clicking here.
This Expression of Interest (EOI) is valid up to 12 months and there is no fee to register an EOI.
OINP holds PNP draws specific to in-demand skills stream and if you get an invitation to apply (ITA) in one of these draws, then you will need to submit the documents in support of information initially entered while submitting the EOI.
OINP invited 238 profiles under this stream in 2021, 523 in 2022, and 551 already in 2023.
Not to forget that Ontario PNP quota is almost double this year so we may see around 500 more invitations in 2023.