On March 23, Manitoba-MPNP Draw invited 566 applicants for permanent residency (PR) under 3 different categories along with an occupation-specific selection.
1. Skilled Workers In Manitoba (SWM)
In an occupation-specific selection draw, 266 LAAs (Letters of Advice to Apply) were sent to the profiles with a score of 612 or above.
The LAAs were designed for those who work in jobs included in the National Occupational Classification (NOC) 2021 major group 72, 74, 75, 94, 95.
The link to these major groups are listed below.
- 72 – Technical trades and transportation officers and controllers
- 74 – Mail and message distribution, other transport equipment operators and related maintenance workers
- 75 – Helpers and labourers and other transport drivers, operators and labourers
- 94 – Machine operators, assemblers and inspectors in processing, manufacturing and printing
- 95 – Labourers in processing, manufacturing and utilities
These professions were chosen using the Statistics Canada job vacancies report.
Another 200 profiles with a score of 672 were also invited under the SWM stream considering all the occupations.
2. International Education Stream (IES)
52 Letters of Advice to Apply (LAA) were granted by MPNP under the International Education Stream for Manitoba graduates.
3. Skilled Worker Overseas (SWO)
MPNP Skilled Worker Overseas category only takes into account profiles that
- were approached by the MPNP as part of a Strategic Recruiting Plan; or
- have a valid Express Entry profile number and job seeker validation code.
Under the MPNP Strategic Recruiting Program, 48 LAAs were awarded to candidates with a score of 708 or above.
Overall, out of 566 LAAs, 82 candidates had a valid Express Entry profile and job seeker validation code.
Information for profiles who didn’t receive LAAs in today’s MPNP Draw despite higher score
If your score is greater than the above-mentioned cut off score and you haven’t gotten a (LAA) Letter of Advice to Apply, it might be because:
- You indicated taking a recognized third-party language exam to demonstrate your ability in English or French, however you either omitted to submit a valid Test Number in your EOI or your language test is no longer valid.
- You also stated that you were invited to apply to the MPNP as part of a strategic recruitment initiative, but you failed to include a valid Invitation Number.
Check your full eligibility for Manitoba Skilled Worker Overseas (SWO) by clicking on the link below.