Last Updated On 1 February 2023, 7:59 PM EST (Toronto Time)
Two Alberta PNP (AAIP) draws in January 2023 sent 200 invitations under Express Entry stream.
First Alberta PNP draw on January 19, 2023 invited only 46 Express Entry profiles having a CRS score for 324 and above.
Second Alberta PNP draw on January 23, 2023 invited 154 Express Entry profiles having a CRS score of 385.
With Express Entry system shifting more focus towards Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs), Alberta Express Entry stream is one of the best option.
However, not all the Express Entry profiles having a CRS cut off score declared in a draw are invited. Additional factors decide whether you will receive an invitation or not.
Alberta Express Entry Draw History
|Date of draw||Number of Invites||CRS Cut Off|
|January 23, 2023||154||385|
|January 19, 2023||46||324|
|December 8, 2022||129||305|
|July 29, 2022||120||473|
|June 16, 2022||150||306|
|May 19, 2022||100||382|
|April 14, 2022||250||356|
|March 22, 2022||350||325|
|March 8, 2022||350||318|
|February 1, 2022||400||340|
|January 18, 2022||350||346|
|January 5, 2022||250||327|
|AAIP Stream||Number of applications in the queue (approximate)||The AAIP is assessing applications received before (approximate)|
|Alberta Opportunity Stream||Approximately 1642||November 14, 2022|
Applications received after this date are not yet assigned for assessment to an officer
|Alberta Express Entry Stream||Approximately 342||Alberta Accelerated Tech Pathway applications are processed with priority. Rest of the applications are treated as an Expression of Interest (EOI) and are not reviewed based on submission date.|
Usually, 50% of the PNP allocation is reserved for Alberta Express Entry Stream and there was no draw for 4 months after July 29, 2022 because PNP reached its quota for 2022.
However, last Alberta Express Entry draw of 2022 was declared in December which invited 129 Express Entry having CRS score of 305.
On January 18, 2023 Alberta announced that 25% of these PNP allocation by IRCC will be reserved for Express Entry profiles having a family connection in the province. 👇
Alberta PNP Draw Additional Factors That Matter:
Being eligible for Alberta Express Entry stream does not mean that you will definitely get invitation in a draw.
Following additional factors play a role in whether you will receive a NOI or not:
- Job offer or work experience from an Albertan employer
- Graduate of a Canadian post-secondary institution from Alberta
- Having a parent, child, brother and/or sister who is a permanent resident living in Alberta, or a Canadian citizen living in Alberta
Alberta PNP Draw Factors That Decrease Your Chance:
- Your Express Entry profile expires in 5 months or less
- you work in an occupation:
- on the list of High-wage and low-wage occupations in the province of Alberta set out on the online Government of Canada
- on the Alberta Opportunity Stream Ineligible Occupations list
- that has a high volume of submissions across all AINP streams
Occupations With High volume Of Submissions:
As per AAIP, applications in following NOCs may take longer to process:
- 62020 – Food service supervisors
- 62010 – Retail sales supervisors
- 63200 – Cooks
- 21231 – Software engineers and designers
- 13110 – Administrative assistants
- 42202 – Early childhood educators and assistants
- 73300 – Transport truck drivers
- 12200 – Accounting technicians and bookkeepers
- 60030 – Restaurant and food service managers
- 21222 – Information systems specialists
3 Trackbacks / Pingbacks
Comments are closed.