Effective August 31, 2021 permanent resident (PR) applicants in Quebec will be able to apply for bridging open work permit. This new measure will allow the Quebec skilled workers applicants to continue their jobs or do a job of their choice, while they are waiting for their PR.
The spouse or de facto spouse of the applicant can also obtain an open work permit, if he or she is included in the applicant’s permanent residence application. There is no requirement of the principal applicant to be only working skill level O, A, or B category.
To have access to a bridging open work permit, temporary foreign workers must:
- have submitted a permanent residence application as the principal applicant and as a skilled worker in Québec to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC);
- have an acknowledgment of receipt confirming that this permanent residence application has been received by the federal government and that it is complete.
You may also like:
- Canada Announces New Recognized Employer Pilot Program (REP)
- New IRCC Policy Now Allows Foreign Workers To Study Without Authorization
- Canada Foreign Worker Program Transitioning To LMIA Online Portal Effective April 3
- IRCC Resumes Biometrics For New Temporary Residence Applicants In Canada
- New IRCC Temporary Policy For Spousal Open Work Permit Eligibility
As per IRCC, to be eligible for a BOWP, you must:
- live in Quebec
- hold a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ)
- be the principal applicant on your permanent residence application
- have passed a completeness check for permanent residence
- Documents listed in the document checklist
- A copy of your CSQ
- A copy of your acknowledgment of receipt letter
How To Apply:
Recommended: You should apply online.
Otherwise, you can apply on paper.
- India Canada Latest News and Updates | Ongoing Diplomatic Issue
- Universal Eye Care Deemed Essential for Canadians
- New Report On International Students in Canada
- New Express Entry Draw For 10 Transport Occupations Is Out Now
- New Ontario-OINP Draw On Sep 19 Sent Out 608 PR Invitations
- New Express Entry Draw Today Invites 3,200 Profiles For PR
- Migrants March On Streets Demanding New Permanent Residency Pathway
- Top 5 High Demand Skilled Trade Jobs In Canada
- New Working Holiday Visa Draws Sent 4,955 Work Permit Invitations
- Cap On International Students – Here Is The Latest Update