Skip to content
Bridging Open Work Permit For Quebec PR Applicants

Quebec Now Offers Open Work Permit To PR Applicants

Effective August 31, 2021 permanent resident (PR) applicants in Quebec will be able to apply for bridging open work permit. This new measure will allow the Quebec skilled workers applicants to continue their jobs or do a job of their choice, while they are waiting for their PR.

The spouse or de facto spouse of the applicant can also obtain an open work permit, if he or she is included in the applicant’s permanent residence application. There is no requirement of the principal applicant to be only working skill level O, A, or B category.


To have access to a bridging open work permit, temporary foreign workers must:

  • have submitted a permanent residence application as the principal applicant and as a skilled worker in Québec to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC);
  • have an acknowledgment of receipt confirming that this permanent residence application has been received by the federal government and that it is complete.

You may also like:

Detailed Eligibility:

As per IRCC, to be eligible for a BOWP, you must:

  • live in Quebec
  • hold a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ)
  • be the principal applicant on your permanent residence application
  • have passed a completeness check for permanent residence
  • either

Documents Required:

  1. Documents listed in the document checklist
  2. A copy of your CSQ
  3. A copy of your acknowledgment of receipt letter

How To Apply:

Recommended: You should apply online.

Otherwise, you can apply on paper.

More Reads!