The Prince Edward Island Provincial Nominee Program (PEI PNP) draws are usually announced once a month, and this year PEI welcomed total 1,854 applicants (exactly same number as in 2021).
Overall, 1,729 went to Labour & Express Entry category and 125 invites were sent to Business Work Permit Entrepreneur Invitations.
The February and August draws sent lowest number of Labour & Express Entry invitations at 117. In contrast, the highest number of Labour & Express Entry invitations were sent in October draw at 194.
|Invitation Date||Business Work Permit|
|Minimum Point Threshold|
for Business Invitations
|Labour & Express Entry Invitations||Invitation Totals|
over last 12 months
|Jan 20, 2022||11||72||121||132|
|Feb 17, 2022||6||67||117||123|
|Mar 17, 2022||11||62||130||141|
|Apr 21, 2022||11||67||130||141|
|May 20, 2022||16||62||137||153|
|Jun 16, 2022||9||65||127||136|
|Jul 21, 2022||27||60||138||165|
|Aug 18, 2022||4||97||117||121|
|Sep 15, 2022||5||85||142||147|
|Oct 20, 2022||10||72||194||204|
|Nov 3, 2022||–||–||39||39|
|Nov 17, 2022||8||62||141||149|
|Dec 1, 2022||–||–||69||69|
|Dec 15, 2022||7||62||127||134|
Invitations were sent in below listed three primary categories, with 92% going to the Labour Impact and Express Entry categories.
Eligibility For PEI PNP
Express Entry Category Eligibility:
- Applicants should have a valid Express Entry profile under FSW, FST, or CEC program.
- Candidates need to create a valid Expression of Interest (EOI) profile with the PEI PNP.
- Job offer is not mandatory.
Labour Impact Category Eligibility:
- Candidates requires a valid EOI profile with PEI PNP under one of the following streams:
- Critical Worker Stream – Currently working in PEI in a low-skilled position (NOC C or D). Eligible trucking employers can invite people from outside Canada. Meet minimum language requirements equivalent to a CLB 4.
- International Graduate Stream – Graduated from a PEI Post-Secondary Institution and currently working in PEI in a high-skilled position. Sufficient English and/or French language ability to perform the job offered.
- Skilled Worker Stream – Currently have an approved job offer in a high-skilled position (NOC O, A, or B) in PEI. Meet minimum language requirements equivalent to a CLB 4 OR Workforce Job Offer Form indicating employer is comfortable with the employee’s proficiency in English and/or French.
- A valid job offer and support by an employer in PEI is mandatory.
Business Impact Category Eligibility:
Business Impact Category is for foreign entrepreneurs who want to start their own business in the PEI. Cut off score for this category was 72 in this draw under Work Permit Stream. Following are the eligibility criteria:
- Minimum verifiable personal net worth of $600,000 which has been accumulated through legal and legitimate sources in your own right;
- Minimum education of secondary school equivalent;
- Be within 21-59 years of age at the time of application;
- Have transferable management skills and past employment or business ownership experience;
- Meet minimum language requirements equivalent to a CLB 4; and
- Intend to live and work in PEI while providing day-to-day active and ongoing management of your PEI-based company.
How To Apply:
For more information on eligibility and how to apply for different immigration programs of the Prince Edward Island, click here
This page enlists all the India Canada latest news and updates related to the ongoing diplomatic issue between the two countries. We (INC – Immigration News Canada) are updating this…
Today, Canadians are facing a unique health crisis that continues to baffle researchers and plague the nation’s healthcare system. Over eight million citizens are living with at least one of…
Today, Canadian Senate members issued a report describing ways to improve the integrity of the program for international students in Canada. While the survey reveals that international students benefit Canada’s…
Today, Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship (IRCC), announced the first transport Express Entry draw as part of its new category-based selection. This round of invitations emphasizes applicants with transportation experience, such…
On September 19, 2023, the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program-OINP draw issued 608 invitations to apply for permanent residency (PR) in general draws under two different streams. 537 invitations have been…
IRCC sent out 3,200 invitations to apply (ITAs) in a new Express Entry draw today, considering profiles from all the programs. The Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score jumped significantly by…
Migrants, including undocumented persons, students, and refugees, marched in cities throughout Canada on Sunday to seek permanent residency status for all before the federal parliament reconvenes on Monday. In Toronto,…
Canada has more than 300 occupations designated as skilled trade jobs and most of them are in-demand across the country and offer attractive careers. On top of this, Canada is…
International Experience Canada (IEC) sent out 4,955 invitations to apply for open work permits in the new Working Holiday Visa rounds of invitations in the last 2 weeks. 15,819 spots…
New Housing Minister and former Immigration Minister Sean Fraser takes a kind of step back on the concept of placing a cap on international students. Like we initially reported, it…
On September 14, 2023, the prime minister of Canada, Justin Trudeau, announced a comprehensive set of new initiatives aimed at tackling the housing crisis and containing rising grocery prices. This…
The new round of PGP 2023 (Parents and Grandparents Program) will open on October 10, 2023, sending out invitations to apply for 24,200 prospective sponsors. IRCC is targeting to accept…
The MELT program or course stands for mandatory entry-level training that is required to apply for a license to become a truck driver in Ontario, British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, and…
The IRCC officially updated the list of trade occupations eligible for Express Entry certificates of qualification on September 8, 2023. This list now has a total of 101 occupations. The…
The new Canadian passport has recently achieved a global ranking of 6 in the Henley Passport Index, surpassing the United States, which is now ranked number 7. This significant improvement…
New Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2023 News: The IRCC will start accepting up to 15,000 complete applications for the Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2023 in October 2023. Beginning on 10…
According to a recent jobs report from Statistics Canada for the month of August 2023, the unemployment rate in Ontario has risen to 5.9% from 5.6%. So the unemployment rate…
The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) has conducted a new Express Entry draw, issuing 300 Notifications of Interest (NOIs) for provincial nomination. This draw specifically targeted Express Entry profiles created…