The Prince Edward Island Provincial Nominee Program (PEI PNP) draws are usually announced once a month, and this year PEI welcomed total 1,854 applicants (exactly same number as in 2021).
Overall, 1,729 went to Labour & Express Entry category and 125 invites were sent to Business Work Permit Entrepreneur Invitations.
The February and August draws sent lowest number of Labour & Express Entry invitations at 117. In contrast, the highest number of Labour & Express Entry invitations were sent in October draw at 194.
|Invitation Date||Business Work Permit|
|Minimum Point Threshold|
for Business Invitations
|Labour & Express Entry Invitations||Invitation Totals|
over last 12 months
|Jan 20, 2022||11||72||121||132|
|Feb 17, 2022||6||67||117||123|
|Mar 17, 2022||11||62||130||141|
|Apr 21, 2022||11||67||130||141|
|May 20, 2022||16||62||137||153|
|Jun 16, 2022||9||65||127||136|
|Jul 21, 2022||27||60||138||165|
|Aug 18, 2022||4||97||117||121|
|Sep 15, 2022||5||85||142||147|
|Oct 20, 2022||10||72||194||204|
|Nov 3, 2022||–||–||39||39|
|Nov 17, 2022||8||62||141||149|
|Dec 1, 2022||–||–||69||69|
|Dec 15, 2022||7||62||127||134|
Invitations were sent in below listed three primary categories, with 92% going to the Labour Impact and Express Entry categories.
Eligibility For PEI PNP
Express Entry Category Eligibility:
- Applicants should have a valid Express Entry profile under FSW, FST, or CEC program.
- Candidates need to create a valid Expression of Interest (EOI) profile with the PEI PNP.
- Job offer is not mandatory.
Labour Impact Category Eligibility:
- Candidates requires a valid EOI profile with PEI PNP under one of the following streams:
- Critical Worker Stream – Currently working in PEI in a low-skilled position (NOC C or D). Eligible trucking employers can invite people from outside Canada. Meet minimum language requirements equivalent to a CLB 4.
- International Graduate Stream – Graduated from a PEI Post-Secondary Institution and currently working in PEI in a high-skilled position. Sufficient English and/or French language ability to perform the job offered.
- Skilled Worker Stream – Currently have an approved job offer in a high-skilled position (NOC O, A, or B) in PEI. Meet minimum language requirements equivalent to a CLB 4 OR Workforce Job Offer Form indicating employer is comfortable with the employee’s proficiency in English and/or French.
- A valid job offer and support by an employer in PEI is mandatory.
Business Impact Category Eligibility:
Business Impact Category is for foreign entrepreneurs who want to start their own business in the PEI. Cut off score for this category was 72 in this draw under Work Permit Stream. Following are the eligibility criteria:
- Minimum verifiable personal net worth of $600,000 which has been accumulated through legal and legitimate sources in your own right;
- Minimum education of secondary school equivalent;
- Be within 21-59 years of age at the time of application;
- Have transferable management skills and past employment or business ownership experience;
- Meet minimum language requirements equivalent to a CLB 4; and
- Intend to live and work in PEI while providing day-to-day active and ongoing management of your PEI-based company.
How To Apply:
For more information on eligibility and how to apply for different immigration programs of the Prince Edward Island, click here
IEC 2023 Third draw sent more than 7,100 new invitations under three categories. So far, IEC has sent around 19,000 invites this year.
Check out the industry-wise and province-wise weekly earnings in Canada and all the provinces as reported on January 26, 2023. Details inside.
Canada will increase the number of new immigrants each year for next three years. Check out the most common ways for immigrating to Canada in 2023.
January 26, 2023 – Second Manitoba PNP Draw of 2023 sent 336 invitations for PR including 32 Express Entry profiles. Get full details here.
Phase 1 of new IRCC temporary policy expanding eligibility for spousal open work permit will come in effect on January 30, 2023.
First Ontario PNP (OINP) Masters Graduate Stream of 2023 invited 692 profiles having EOI cut off score at 44 or above. Details inside.
Here are newly updated official IRCC processing times as of January 25, 2023 as well as comparison with last week’s processing times.
Latest BC PNP Draw (British Columbia) invited 221 applicants for permanent residency (PR). Minimum cut off score reduced by 3 points for 4 categories.
First OINP International Student Stream of 2023 invited profiles having a score of 82 and above in general draw. Details inside.
Canada immigration backlog finally drops below 1 million as per latest available official IRCC data. Backlog reduces for citizenship & temporary residence files
International students calling on Manitoba PNP to lower the cut off points and work permit extensions that are expiring soon. Details inside.
Most Canada immigration and visa programs require a police clearance certificate commonly known as PCC. Check out PCC requirements and where to get it from.
IEC 2023 Second draw sent 7,118 new invitations under three categories. As usual, most of the invites went to Working Holiday category.
Today, IRCC announced doubling the Permanent Residency (PR) quota, for the out-of-status construction workers in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA).
Permanent residents outside Canada without valid PR cards need a permanent resident travel document (PRTD) to return to Canada. Here’s how to apply.
Last Alberta PNP Express Entry draw was in December 2022 inviting 129 profiles having CRS cut off score 305 and above. Get full details here.
Express Entry draw Cut off score dropped by 17 points to 490 in the second draw of 2023! Get full details and Express Entry draw history here!
Here are newly updated official IRCC processing times as of January 18, 2023 as well as comparison with last week’s processing times.