Canada is looking for skilled tech candidates now more than ever. Ontario is the largest province Canada both area-wise and population-wise. It is trying to fill the growing needs in the technology sector. Provincial immigration to Ontario is one of the most commonly used methods for tech professionals.
Additionally, most common way of immigrating, the Express Entry system is currently declaring high cut off scores. So, PNPs have gained the interest of applicants to get a provincial nomination. Provincial nomination gives an additional 600 points to an Express Entry profile.
Attributing to this, if your experience is tech occupations and you are looking for permanent residency, then OINP (Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program) for tech skilled immigrants could be your option.
- You may also like-
- Latest OINP Draw Sent 1,340 New Invites For PR-September 29!
- Ontario PNP (OINP) New Update: 2022 Quota & Processing Times
- PR For NOC C or D In Ontario – Eligibility & How To Apply!
- Know OINP International Student Stream Eligible Institutions
- New Ontario Budget To Address Labour Shortage & Enhance OINP
Ontario PNP for tech-skilled immigrants
There is a huge demand for tech workers in Canada. So, to meet this demand, tech-specific draws take place through the Human Capital Priorities stream of the OINP. This Stream is a common pathway that tech-skilled immigrants take to settle in Canada.
OINP scans through the available Express Entry profiles in the pool for the NOC codes that corresponds to the requirement of province. After which, they handpicks candidates with some other criteria in place. The candidates are then invited to move to Canada through the Human Capital Priorities Stream.
This pathway allows Canada to help businesses in the tech sector find and hire skilled people. Moreover, this is extremely helpful when insufficient skilled people are available in Ontario.
Ontario has the largest PNP by federal government allocation. Also, Ontario has three of the foremost tech hubs in North America. These are in Toronto, Ottawa, and the Waterloo Region. It is important to mention that Waterloo is the silicon valley of Canada.
The OINP was initially allocated 9,750 nominations in 2022, up from 8,600 for 2021. Often the OINP reaches its allocations and then it is given extra places. So, it is possible that more than 10,000 candidates will be nominated this year.
So, if you are someone working in the tech sector and want to move to Ontario, there will be many employment options. It is mainly due to the labor market being very tight currently.
Occupations that qualify for tech draws by OINP
Listed below are the occupations classified under NOC considered eligible for the selection of candidates by OINP. So, if you want to qualify for a provincial nomination, you have to show your experience in working in any one of these-
|Occupation||NOC 2021 (TEER)||NOC 2019|
|Software engineers and designers||21231||2173|
|Computer programmers and interactive media developers||21230/32/34||2174|
|Web designers and developers||21233/34||2175|
|Database analysts and data administrators||21223||2172|
|Computer and information systems managers||20012||0213|
Additionally, here are a few other requirements to be considered under the Ontario HCP. You must have-
- An active profile under the Federal Express Entry system and qualify for the FSWP or the CEC.
- At least one year of full-time in the past five years if applying under the FSWP. If you are applying under the CEC, it should be three years.
- The equivalent of a Canadian bachelor’s degree or higher.
- An intention to live in the province of Ontario
- Language proficiency of minimum CLB/NCLC level 7 in English or in French
- Proof of required settlement funds.
- Minimum Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System score as determined by the director under period draws.
- More Reads!
- Here Are Canada Immigration New Targets For 2022-2024
- New NOC Codes – Here Is All You Need To Know!
- Here Is How To Extend Your Stay In Canada
- Visitors in Canada Can Now Apply For Work Permit Until 2023
- Family Sponsorship – Things You Should Know!
- How To Avoid Immigration Fraud!
- Here Is Full List Of Facilitated LMIA Occupations In Quebec
- Is IRCC Having A Split Team For Processing Old & New Files?
- IRCC Officer DM10032 – Here Is All You Need To Know!
- Tourist Visa For Canada! – Things You Should Know!
- Click here for the most viewed videos during 2022!
- Visit here for the most visited articles during 2021!
- Click here for all the important immigration news during 2022!
Shanvi Kaur is a content writer at Immigration News Canada. She moved to Canada as an immigrant and now focuses on bringing the latest news to immigrants to make their journey easier in Canada!