On July 29, 2022; Alberta PNP Express Entry draw sent only 120 invitations to the Express Entry profiles having CRS cut off score of 473 and above, but details of this draw were updated on August 2. Cut off score in this draw is the highest ever for Alberta Express Entry stream. Contrarily, previous Alberta draw in June 2022 declared lowest cut off score for 2022.
To put in perspective, as compared to June 2022 draw, cut off increased by whopping 167 points. It is important to mention here that cut off score in May draw was the highest at 382. Alberta has recently renamed its PNP program to AAIP (Alberta Advantage Immigration Program).
- You Might Also Like:
- Click here for all the important Alberta immigration updates.
- Here Is the List of 68 high demand jobs and ineligible occupations for Alberta.
- Click here for two new PNP streams announced by Alberta on Feb 17!
Alberta PNP has invited total of 2,320 express entry profiles this year. And, Alberta invited total of 6,250 profiles in 2021 under both Express Entry and Opportunity stream. Alberta has the quota of 6,500 nomination certificates for 2022 and they have already invited 3,877 profiles so far.
Below is the breakdown of applications under processing:
|AAIP Stream||Number of applications in the queue (approximate)||The AAIP is assessing applications received before (approximate)|
|Alberta Opportunity Stream||Approximately 1,150||April 19, 2022: Applications received after this date have not yet been assigned to an officer for assessment.|
|Alberta Express Entry Stream||Approximately 400||These applications are treated as an Expression of Interest and are not reviewed based on date of submission.Accelerated Tech Pathway applications are priority processed.|
|Rural Renewal Stream||Not available due to low application volumes.||Not available due to low application volumes.|
Alberta Express Entry Eligibility:
You may receive a notification of interest (NOI) if you have
- An active Express Entry profile in the federal Express Entry system.
- Selected Alberta as an intended province of settling in the Express Entry profile.
- Experience in an occupation that supports Alberta’s economic development and diversification
- Have a minimum Comprehensive Ranking System score of 300 in Express Entry.
Alberta PNP Draw Additional Factors That Matter:
Being eligible for Alberta express entry stream does not mean that you will definitely get a NOI because following additional factors play a role in whether you will receive a NOI or not:
- Job offer or work experience from an Albertan employer
- Graduate of a Canadian post-secondary institution from Alberta
- Having a parent, child, brother and/or sister who is a permanent resident living in Alberta, or a Canadian citizen living in Alberta
Alberta PNP Draw Factors That Decrease Your Chance:
- Your Express Entry profile expires in 5 months or less
- you work in an occupation:
- on the list of High-wage and low-wage occupations in the province of Alberta set out on the online Government of Canada
- on the Alberta Opportunity Stream Ineligible Occupations list
- that has a high volume of submissions across all AINP streams
Occupations With High volume Of Submissions:
As per AAIP, applications in following NOCs may take longer to process:
- 6311 – Food service supervisors
- 6211 – Retail sales supervisor
- 1241 – Administrative assistants
- 6322 – Cooks
- 7511 – Transport truck drivers
- 1221 – Administrative officers
- 4214 – Early childhood educators and assistants
- 0621 – Retail and wholesale trade managers
- 1311 – Accounting technicians and bookkeepers
- 0631 – Restaurant and food service managers