On June 16, 2022; Alberta PNP Express Entry draw sent only 150 invitations to the express entry profiles having a score of 306 and above, but details of this draw were updated today. Cut off score in this draw was the lowest since October 26, 2021. Contrarily, last Alberta draw in May 2022 declared highest cut off score since January 2021.
As compared to May 2022 draw, cut off dropped by 76 points. It is important to mention here that cut off score in April draw was also on of the highest. Alberta has recently renamed its PNP program to AAIP (Alberta Advantage Immigration Program).
Alberta PNP is one of the best option for express entry candidates having a low CRS score, but not all the express entry profiles having a CRS score of 306 or above were invited in this draw. Additional factors decide whether you will receive an invitation or not.
Alberta PNP has invited total of 2,200 express entry profiles this year. Furthermore, Alberta invited total of 6,250 profiles in 2021 under both express entry and opportunity stream. There are approximately 1,100 Alberta Opportunity Stream applications and 575 expression of interest applications in the Alberta Express Entry pool as of June 21, 2022.
Alberta Express Entry Draw Eligibility:
You may receive a notification of interest (NOI) if you have
- An active Express Entry profile in the federal Express Entry system.
- Selected Alberta as an intended province of settling in the Express Entry profile.
- Experience in an occupation that supports Alberta’s economic development and diversification
- Have a minimum Comprehensive Ranking System score of 300 in Express Entry.
Alberta PNP Draw Additional Factors That Matter:
Being eligible for Alberta express entry stream does not mean that you will definitely get a NOI because following additional factors play a role in whether you will receive a NOI or not:
- Job offer or work experience from an Albertan employer
- Graduate of a Canadian post-secondary institution from Alberta
- Having a parent, child, brother and/or sister who is a permanent resident living in Alberta, or a Canadian citizen living in Alberta
Alberta PNP Draw Factors That Decrease Your Chance:
- Your Express Entry profile expires in 5 months or less
- you work in an occupation:
- on the list of High-wage and low-wage occupations in the province of Alberta set out on the online Government of Canada
- on the Alberta Opportunity Stream Ineligible Occupations list
- that has a high volume of submissions across all AINP streams
Occupations With High volume Of Submissions:
As per AAIP, applications in following NOCs may take longer to process:
- 6311 – Food service supervisors
- 6211 – Retail sales supervisor
- 1241 – Administrative assistants
- 6322 – Cooks
- 7511 – Transport truck drivers
- 1221 – Administrative officers
- 4214 – Early childhood educators and assistants
- 0621 – Retail and wholesale trade managers
- 1311 – Accounting technicians and bookkeepers
- 0631 – Restaurant and food service managers