Last Updated On 11 April 2023, 1:00 PM EDT (Toronto Time)
Today, Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program – OINP draw sent 295 invitations to apply (ITA) under the In-Demand Skills stream.
This first 2023 OINP In-Demand Skills stream round of invitation considered the profiles created between November 22, 2022 – April 11, 2023, having a score of 30 and above.
In 2022, Ontario PNP invited only 523 profiles under this stream. However, OINP quota has overall increased significantly this year, so we may see more of such draws.
Furthermore, in-demand skills stream is also a good option for individuals working in TEER 4 or 5 (NOC C or D) jobs.
Ontario has a list of in-demand skills occupations that are considered for this stream meeting the below listed eligibility requirements.
Table of Contents
OINP In-Demand Skills Stream General Eligibility
Language Requirement: Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level 4 or above in either English or French. Click here for CLB language equivalency chart.
Education Requirement: A secondary school (high school) diploma or certification from, or its equivalent Education Credential Assessment (ECA) from outside Canada.
Job Offer Requirement: A full-time (at least 1,560 hours and 30 hours of paid work each week) employment/job offer with no expiration date (indeterminate duration). Job offer pay must meet or be higher than the median wage level.
Work Experience: At least 9 months of total paid full-time employment (or the equivalent in part-time employment) in Ontario, in the same in-demand profession (with the same NOC code) as the job offer.
Full List of Eligible Occupations – OINP Draw
Job offer anywhere in Ontario
- NOC 44101 – Home support workers, caregivers and related occupations
- NOC 65202 – Meat cutters and fishmongers – retail and wholesale
- NOC 75110 – Construction trades helpers and labourers
- NOC 84120 – Specialized livestock workers and farm machinery operators
- NOC 85100 – Livestock labourers
- NOC 85101 – Harvesting labourers
- NOC 85103 – Nursery and greenhouse labourers
- NOC 94141 – Industrial butchers and meat cutters, poultry preparers and related workers
Job offer outside the Greater Toronto Area (City of Toronto, Durham, Halton, York and Peel regions)
- NOC 94100 – Machine operators, mineral and metal processing
- NOC 94105 – Metalworking and forging machine operators
- NOC 94106 – Machining tool operators
- NOC 94107 – Machine operators of other metal products
- NOC 94110 – Chemical plant machine operators
- NOC 94111 – Plastics processing machine operators
- NOC 94124 – Woodworking machine operators
- NOC 94132 – Industrial sewing machine operators
- NOC 94140 – Process control and machine operators, food and beverage processing
- NOC 94201 – Electronics assemblers, fabricators, inspectors and testers
- NOC 94204 – Mechanical assemblers and inspectors
- NOC 94213 – Industrial painters, coaters and metal finishing process operators
- NOC 94219 – Other products assemblers, finishers and inspectors
- NOC 95102 – Labourers in chemical products processing and utilities
How to calculate OINP Scores
Job offer: NOC broad occupational category
- Occupational Category 0,2,3 – 10 points
- Occupational Category 7 – 7 points
- Occupational Category 1,9 – 5 points
- Occupational Category 4,8 – 4 points
- Occupational Category 5,6 – 3 points
Job offer: wage
- $40 per hour or higher – 10 points
- $35 to $39.99 per hour – 8 points
- $30 to $34.99 per hour – 7 points
- $25 to $29.99 per hour – 6 points
- $20 to $24.99 per hour – 5 points
- Less than $20 per hour – 0 points
Work permit status
- With valid work permit – 10 points
- Without valid work permit – 0 points
Job tenure with job offer employer
- 6 months or more working in job offer position – 3 points
- Less than 6 months – 0 points
Canadian work experience: earnings history
Based on a Notice of Assessment issued by the CRA in the last five years.
- $40k or more earnings in a year – 3 points
- Less than $40k earnings in a year – 0 points
Regional immigration: location of job offer
- Northern Ontario – 10 points
- Outside Greater Toronto Area except Northern Ontario – 8 points
- Inside GTA (except Toronto) – 3 points
- Toronto – 0 points