On February 1, 2022; Alberta Express Entry PNP draw sent 400 invitations to the profiles having a score of 340 and above, but details of this draw were updated on February 17. Previous draw was on January 18 and invited only 350 Express Entry profiles. Cut off score in this draw reduced by 6 points and invited highest number of profiles since September 2021. Alberta has recently renamed it’s PNP program to AAIP (Alberta Advantage Immigration Program).
We have noticed a trend that Alberta updates the previous draw on the day of next draw being held, which means they might have held another draw on February 17. Details for new February 17 draw will be updated on their website, when they will hold next draw. Alberta PNP is one of the best option for express entry candidates having a low CRS score, but not all the express entry profiles having a CRS score of 340 or above were invited in this draw. Additional factors decide whether you will receive an invitation or not.
Alberta Express Entry PNP has invited total of 1,100 profiles this year and invited total of 6,250 profiles last year under both express entry and opportunity stream. There are approximately 350 Alberta Opportunity Stream applications and 775 expression of interest applications in the Alberta Express Entry pool as of February 17, 2022.
Alberta Express Entry Eligibility:
You may receive a notification of interest (NOI) if you have
- An active Express Entry profile in the federal Express Entry system.
- Selected Alberta as an intended province of settling in the Express Entry profile.
- Experience in an occupation that supports Alberta’s economic development and diversification
- Have a minimum Comprehensive Ranking System score of 300 in Express Entry.
Alberta Additional Factors That Matter:
Being eligible for Alberta express entry stream does not mean that you will definitely get a NOI because following additional factors play a role in whether you will receive a NOI or not:
- Job offer or work experience from an Albertan employer
- Graduate of a Canadian post-secondary institution from Alberta
- Having a parent, child, brother and/or sister who is a permanent resident living in Alberta, or a Canadian citizen living in Alberta
Alberta PNP Factors That Decrease Your Chance:
- Your Express Entry profile expires in 5 months or less
- you work in an occupation:
- on the list of High-wage and low-wage occupations in the province of Alberta set out on the online Government of Canada
- on the Alberta Opportunity Stream Ineligible Occupations list
- that has a high volume of submissions across all AINP streams
Occupations With High volume Of Submissions:
- 6311 – Food service supervisors
- 6211 – Retail sales supervisors
- 1241 – Administrative assistants
- 6322 – Cooks
- 1221 – Administrative officers
- 7511 – Transport truck drivers
- 4214 – Early childhood educators and assistants
- 2131 – Civil engineers
- 0211 – Engineering managers
- 1311 – Accounting technicians and bookkeepers