On January 18, 2022; Alberta Express Entry PNP draw sent 350 invitations to the profiles having a score of 346 and above. Previous draw was on January 5 and invited only 250 Express Entry profiles. Cut off score in this draw increased by 19 points and invited highest number of profiles since September 2021.
Alberta PNP is one of the best option for express entry candidates having a low CRS score. However, not all the express entry profiles having a CRS score of 346 or above were invited in this draw. Additional factors decide whether you will receive an invitation or not.
So far, Alberta Express Entry PNP invited total of 700 profiles in January 2022. As of February 1, 2022 there were approximately 775 expression of interest applications in the Alberta Express Entry pool.
Alberta Express Entry Eligibility:
You may receive a notification of interest (NOI) if you have
- An active Express Entry profile in the federal Express Entry system.
- Selected Alberta as an intended province of settling in the Express Entry profile.
- Experience in an occupation that supports Alberta’s economic development and diversification
- Have a minimum Comprehensive Ranking System score of 300 in Express Entry.
Alberta Additional Factors That Matter:
Being eligible for Alberta express entry stream does not mean that you will definitely get a NOI. Following additional factors play a role in whether you will receive a NOI or not:
- Job offer or work experience from an Albertan employer.
- Graduate of a Canadian post-secondary institution.
- Having a parent, child, brother and/or sister who is a permanent resident living in Alberta, or a Canadian citizen living in Alberta
Alberta PNP Factors That Decrease Your Chance:
- Your Express Entry profile expires in 5 months or less
- you work in an occupation:
- on the list of High-wage and low-wage occupations in the province of Alberta set out on the online Government of Canada
- on the Alberta Opportunity Stream Ineligible Occupations list
- that has a high volume of submissions across all AINP streams
Occupations With High volume Of Submissions:
6311 – Food service supervisors
6211 – Retail sales supervisors
1241 – Administrative assistants
6322 – Cooks
0211 – Engineering managers
7511 – Transport truck drivers
3211 – Medical laboratory technologists
1221 – Administrative officers
2131 – Civil engineers
1123 – Professional occupations in advertising, marketing and public relations
Kamal Deep Singh, RCIC (Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant) licensed by CICC (formerly known as ICCRC) with member number R708618. He brings extensive knowledge of immigration law and new changes to rapidly evolving IRCC.