On January 5, 2022; Alberta Express Entry PNP draw sent 250 invitations to the profiles having a score of 327 and above. Previous draw was on December 14 and invited only 150 Express Entry profiles having a cut off score of 351. Alberta PNP is one of the best option for express entry candidates having a low CRS score.
Cut off score in this draw dropped by 24 points and invited highest number of profiles since October 2021. However, not all the express entry profiles having a CRS score of 327 or above were invited in this draw. Additional factors decide whether you will receive an invitation or not.
IRCC provided 6,250 nomination certificates to Alberta for 2021 and AINP issued all the 6,250 nomination certificates in 2021. As of January 18, there were approximately 775 expression of interest applications in the Alberta Express Entry pool.
Click here for 68 high demand jobs and ineligible occupations for Alberta.
Alberta Express Entry Eligibility:
You may receive a notification of interest (NOI) if you have
- An active Express Entry profile in the federal Express Entry system.
- Selected Alberta as an intended province of settling in the Express Entry profile.
- Experience in an occupation that supports Alberta’s economic development and diversification
- Have a minimum Comprehensive Ranking System score of 300 in Express Entry.
Alberta Additional Factors That Matter:
Being eligible for Alberta express entry stream does not mean that you will definitely get a NOI. Following additional factors play a role in whether you will receive a NOI or not:
- Job offer or work experience from an Albertan employer.
- Graduate of a Canadian post-secondary institution.
- Having a parent, child, brother and/or sister who is a permanent resident living in Alberta, or a Canadian citizen living in Alberta
Alberta PNP Factors That Decrease Your Chance:
- Your Express Entry profile expires in 5 months or less
- you work in an occupation:
- on the list of High-wage and low-wage occupations in the province of Alberta set out on the online Government of Canada
- on the Alberta Opportunity Stream Ineligible Occupations list
- that has a high volume of submissions across all AINP streams
Occupations With High volume Of Submissions:
6311 – Food service supervisors
6211 – Retail sales supervisors
6322 – Cooks
0211 – Engineering managers
3211 – Medical laboratory technologists
1241 – Administrative assistants
7511 – Transport truck drivers
1123 – Professional occupations in advertising, marketing and public relations
2131 – Civil engineers
1221 – Administrative officers