Last Updated On 5 November 2022, 7:13 PM EDT (Toronto Time)
An official document known as an Acknowledgment of Receipt (AOR) proves that Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has received your immigration application.
IRCC issues an AOR document after you submit an application and the processing time officially begins from the date of AOR. The document’s importance varies based on the application filed and how it is submitted.
This article delves into:
- When do you receive an AOR?
- What does receiving an AOR indicate?
- Does AOR indicate your application is complete?
- The difference in applying via paper or online
- How soon after receiving AOR do you get decision?
When do you receive an AOR?
Depending on the kind of application, IRCC could release an AOR at different times. One such instance is the automated generation of an AOR for Express Entry, which often occurs minutes after the permanent residence application is filed.
Contrarily, the AOR for a citizenship or sponsorship application may take weeks or even months.
What does receiving an AOR indicate?
The AOR is a receipt that confirms that IRCC received your application. However, the date of the AOR is important if the factors below apply to you.
The age of your dependent children: Only children who match the description of a dependent child may be added to your application. Except in certain circumstances, a dependent child must be unmarried and under 22. Your child must satisfy this requirement by the date IRCC receives your application, as stated on your AOR.
Validity of your document: The validity of some documents, including police records, IELTS test scores, and ECA reports, is limited. Therefore, when your application is received, these documents must be current and valid on the date stated on the AOR. For this reason, ensure that you apply before your documents expire.
- You may also like:
- Here Are IRCC Service Standards For Processing Various Applications
- Here Are Latest IRCC Processing Times As Of November 3!
- Reasons That Put IRCC Application In “Review Required” Delay
- Canada On Track To Easily Meet Immigration Target In 2022
- Top Source Of Immigrants In Canada Is India Now – New Data
Does AOR indicate your application is complete?
Obtaining an AOR does not always imply that your application is completed or incomplete. It all depends on the kind of application you filed. For instance, IRCC automatically gives an AOR to Express Entry applicants, but they might reject the application if certain papers are missing.
The IRCC has verified that the application is complete if you receive an AOR after filing a citizenship application.
The difference in applying via paper or online
When IRCC receives your application, they send you a confirmation as an AOR. As a result, the AOR date for a paper-based application will be the day the IRCC mailroom receives your application package.
Once they begin processing your application, they will send the AOR. To monitor your application and get a confirmation when it arrives, it is crucial to utilize a courier service that demands a signature when delivering it.
The AOR date for an electronic application submission usually coincides with the day you click the submit button. However, due to clerical errors or time zone variances, the date on your AOR may occasionally show to be one or two days later. It is a good idea to submit in advance because of this reason.
How soon after receiving AOR do you get decision?
The IRCC may not have even begun processing your application when you get the AOR. Receiving an AOR does not essentially mean that IRCC has started processing your application.
AOR is just an acknowledgement by IRCC that they have officially received your application. Therefore, the time it takes to receive PR after receiving your AOR may vary depending on the program you applied for.
Certain applicants start comparing or expecting the decision on their application based on consensus mentioned over the various online forums after receiving the AOR. However, that is not the case. IRCC processing is random and certain applications may take longer than others.
For more information, visit IRCC’s official page.
- More Reads!
- Here Are Canada Immigration New Targets For 2023-2025
- New NOC Codes – Here Is All You Need To Know!
- Here Is How To Extend Your Stay In Canada
- Visitors in Canada Can Now Apply For Work Permit Until 2023
- Family Sponsorship – Things You Should Know!
- How To Avoid Immigration Fraud!
- Here Is Full List Of Facilitated LMIA Occupations In Quebec
- Is IRCC Having A Split Team For Processing Old & New Files?
- IRCC Officer DM10032 – Here Is All You Need To Know!
- Tourist Visa For Canada! – Things You Should Know!
- Click here for the most viewed videos during 2022!
- Click here for all the important immigration news during 2022!
10 Trackbacks / Pingbacks
Comments are closed.