extend visitor visa

Here Is How To Extend Visitor Visa In Canada!

How To Extend Visitor Visa After 6 Months In Canada. If you want to extend your stay in Canada on visitor visa beyond 6 months, then you must apply for a visitor record. It gives you visitor status and permits you to stay longer. Additionally, be mindful that you apply for the visitor record before your current stay of 6 months expire. This article will explain how to apply for a visitor record to extend your stay in Canada.

Who is Eligible to Apply? 

A visitor record is for someone who wants to extend their stay in Canada as a visitor. Additionally, a study permit holder can also change their status to visitor record if their permit is expiring. Similarly, even a work permit holder can apply for a visitor record to extend their stay. However, one cannot work or study with a visitor record. 

How to Apply? 

The application fee for a visitor record is $100. You must have a debit or credit card to pay the application fees. Moreover, you’ll need a scanner or camera to submit the documents and fill out your forms. Applying online will help process your file faster. 

Step 1: Draft the following forms: 

Before starting, refer to the IRCC instruction guide to help you with case-specific documents and instructions. After you have read the instructions, fill out the following forms: 

  • Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Visitor or Temporary Resident Permit Holder – Form IMM 5708
  • Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union, if applicable – Form IMM 636.51
  • Use of Representative if applicable – Form IMM 5476
Step 2: Use the online tool for documents 

To apply, you must provide the following answers to get a personalized document checklist: 

  • For question 1: “What would you like to do in Canada?” Select “Visit.”
  • Then you’ll be asked, “What is your current country/territory of residence?” Select “Canada.”
Step 3: Sign-in or create an account.

You can create your account or sign in here. After creating your account, you must: 

  • Pay your application fees. 
  • Submit your application. 
  • Check your application status. 

Please note that a visitor record is not a visa. You’ll need to leave Canada by the date your visitor record mentions. After exiting Canada, you can apply for a new visitor visa from your home country. 

OINP Express Entry Skilled Trades Stream: Here Is Full Eligibility
Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) Express Entry Skilled Trades Stream enables foreign …
Childcare In Canada – Here Is All You Need To Know!
Finding good childcare can be a struggle, especially as a newcomer. This …
extend visitor visa
Must Reads!

Here Are Canada Immigration New Targets For 2022-2024

New NOC Codes – Here Is All You Need To Know!

Here Is How To Extend Your Stay In Canada

Visitors in Canada Can Now Apply For Work Permit Until 2023

Family Sponsorship – Things You Should Know!

How To Avoid Immigration Fraud!

IRCC Officer DM10032 – Here Is All You Need To Know!

Tourist Visa For Canada! – Things You Should Know!

Click here for most viewed videos during 2022!

Visit here for most visited articles during 2021!

Click here for all the important immigration news during 2022!