Each year many people move to Canada in search of better opportunities. Moving to Canada on temporary visa like study visa, work permit, etc or directly as a permanent resident (PR), last step in getting legal statuses and applying to IRCC is getting Canadian citizenship.
We cover all the news up to you becoming Canadian citizens and beyond. Canada is aiming to welcome 1.23 immigrants to become PRs by 2023. So, this means more opportunities for anyone looking for Canadian citizenship.
So, if you want to know more about getting citizenship, this article is for you to provide general eligibility and how to apply.
Who can apply for a Canadian Citizenship
In order to apply for Canadian citizenship, you must-
- Be a permanent resident of Canada
- Have lived in Canada for 3 out of the last 5 years (1,095 days)
- Be able to prove your language skills
- Have filed your taxes, if needed
- Pass a citizenship test
- You may also like:
- Canada To Start Online citizenship Applications For Multiple Adults In 2022!
- How To Claim Canada Citizenship – Child Born Outside Canada
- Canada New Tax-Free Home Savings Account – All You Need To Know!
- IRCC Minister Announces New Steps To Reduce Wait Times-Sep 1
- Know About “Chinook” – IRCC Tool To Speed Up Processing!
How to apply?
You need to follow the following steps to apply for Canadian citizenship—
Firstly, get an application package. This has all the instruction guides and forms that you will have to fill out. Make sure to use the guide as well as the document checklist. This will ensure that you don’t miss anything.
Also, you might be eligible to apply online for citizenship as well.
Secondly, you need to pay the application fees. The fees depend on whether you are over or under 18 years of age. This fee includes the processing fees and the right of citizenship fee.
Also, if you are submitting more than one application at the same time, you can pay all the fees together. You have to pay your fees online. Also, once you pay the fees, make sure to keep the receipt. You have to include the fee receipt with your application.
Lastly, you have to submit your application. You must be eligible for Canadian citizenship the day before you sign the application form. Don’t forget to sign the application form. You have to date the form.
Depending on your age and application you might also need to take a test or go for an interview.
The processing time for a citizenship application is 27 months. You can always track the status of your application here.
The application fee for people over 18 is 630$. This includes processing ($530) and a right of citizenship fee ($100). The processing fee for people under 18 is $100
- Here Are Canada Immigration New Targets For 2022-2024
- New NOC Codes – Here Is All You Need To Know!
- Visitors in Canada Can Now Apply For Work Permit Until 2023
- Is IRCC Having Split Team For Processing Old & New Files?
- Click here for most viewed videos during 2022!
- Visit here for most visited articles during 2021!
- Click here for all the important immigration news during 2022!
11 Trackbacks / Pingbacks
Comments are closed.