Canada will be making adjustments to it’s border measures w.e.f. January 15, 2022. Certain group of travelers will need to be fully vaccinated with one of vaccines approved by Canada. This new adjustment was announced on Nov 19, 2021 and is going to be implemented from Jan 15 onward. Here is the list of travelers who will be denied entry into Canada, if they are unvaccinated or not vaccinated by Canada approved vaccines:
- Individuals travelling to reunite with family (unless they are under 18 years of age if travelling to reunite with an immediate or extended family member who is either fully vaccinated or a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person registered under the Indian Act.)
- International students (18 years of age and over)
- Unvaccinated students under the age of 18 must attend a designated learning institution with a COVID-19 readiness plan approved by the province or territory where the school is located.
- Professional athletes and their support staff, and amateur athletes.
- Individuals with a valid work permit, including temporary foreign workers, outside of agricultural and food processing.
- Most essential service providers (including truck drivers, emergency service providers and marine researchers).
Travelers Exempted From New Adjustments:
Beginning January 15, 2022, unvaccinated or partially vaccinated travelers will only be allowed to enter Canada if they meet one of the limited exceptions, including:
- agricultural and food processing workers;
- foreign marine crew members;
- those entering on compassionate grounds;
- new permanent residents;
- newly resettled refugees;
- children under the age of 18 who are currently exempt from the travel restrictions, including international students who are studying at a designated learning institution that has a COVID-19 readiness plan; those travelling with a parent, step-parent, tutor or guardian who is either fully vaccinated, or a Canadian citizen, permanent resident of Canada or person registered under the Indian Act; and those travelling to reunite with immediate or extended Canadian family members in Canada; and
- national interest exemptions.
List of Canada Approved Vaccines: